• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Free Comic Book Day!

:mad: missed again! I've know about this for a few years but I forget about it or something else turns up that day.
So, which do you like better - - Sonic the Hedgehog or Archie's Pal Jughead? :D

OMG! That's so weird that you asked that!!!
I'm a huge Archie person so... :p
Last year, at the comic book store I went to, they said to limit it to two comics per person.
But this year, at this other store... they said one of each! So freakin' A.
I got both Jughead & Sonic in addition to a bunch of other stuff.
I'll let y'all know later. ;)

Oh! And next year, I'll be sure to remind y'all in advance!

I kinda got a weird selection. The place was crowded so I just grabbed what I could reach and got the hell out of there.

Gold Books:
ARCHIE'S PAL JUGHEAD—FCBD 2008 EDITION
HELLBOY/B.P.R.D.—FCBD 2008 EDITION
ALL STAR SUPERMAN #1—FCBD 2008 EDITION
X-MEN—FCBD 2008 EDITION

Silver Books:
SONIC THE HEDGEHOG #1—FCBD 2008 EDITION
E.C. COMICS SAMPLER—FCBD 2008 EDITION
MARVEL ADVENTURES: IRON MAN—FCBD 2008 EDITION

Additional Giveaways:
STAR WARS CMG MINIATURES—FCBD 2008 EDITION
Speed Racer Activity book. :p

I also grabbed this Hulk/Iron Man thing that wasn't apart of Free Comic Book Day, but was free nonetheless.

It's this weekend:
May 2nd
(this is my 2nd to last reminder)
See above post for what comics will be given away. :)

logo.gif

http://www.freecomicbookday.com/fcbd_locator.asp

darkhorse1.gif
marvel.gif

I wonder when this started... I can't remember in all my years of comics buying that there was such a day.

I no longer buy single issues anymore, and I doubt my bookstores will start giving trades for free... or will they?

ds

The comic store I went to offered one comic per person and there were only about ten to choose from (mostly gold and a couple silver) so I got the Shonen Jump Special.
I went to a different location and got a Bongo comic. :)

Shonen Jump, wow. I've never laid eyes on a copy which I can actually read, seeing that every copy that I've ever seen were in Japanese. :)

ds

I wonder when this started... I can't remember in all my years of comics buying that there was such a day.

I no longer buy single issues anymore, and I doubt my bookstores will start giving trades for free... or will they?

ds
According to wikipedia, it started in 2002: Free Comic Book Day - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I just started buying single issues in 2007 because of Dark Tower. I thought about waiting for the graphic novel, but just grew impatient. And now I'm also collecting The Stand. I'm trying so hard to stop. Aargh.
It would be nice if bookstores started a free graphic novel day.

Occlith said:
The comic store I went to offered one comic per person and there were only about ten to choose from (mostly gold and a couple silver) so I got the Shonen Jump Special.
I went to a different location and got a Bongo comic.
We picked up the Shonen Jump Special as well.
The comic book store we went to in 2007 said two comics per person. So my bf and I planned on going to more comic book stores in 2008 just to get a bunch, but turns out that the one we frequent here in Austin offered one of each for each person. So this year we picked up:

Gold
  • Avengers
  • Blackest Night
  • Bongo
  • Shonen Jump Presents: Ultimo
  • Star Wars: The Clone Wars
  • The Mighty Archie Art Players

Silver
  • Sonic the Hedgehog: Evolution of a Hero
  • William Shatner Presents #1
  • Wolverine: Origin Of An X-Man

Last year, I got there kind of late but there was a butt-load of comics still.
This year, I got there about 30 min. after it opened, there was a line to get in, and only a few comics were left.
On the plus side, while I was buying Detective Comics #853 (Batman: Whatever Happened to the Cape Crusader 2 of 2 by Neil Gaiman), one of the employees gave me a Hellboy comic valued at $9.99 for free - it's one of a thousand copies. Fun!

19 More Days! (May 1st, Saturday)

19 More Days!

I'm going to be out of town for a graduation. Hopefully I'll be able to track down a store and participate. This will be my fourth consecutive year attending FCBD.

Here's what I want to pick up:

Gold:
Archie_Archie_Small.jpg
IronManThor_GOLD_small.jpg
DC_War_of_the_Supermen_Small.jpg

Silver:
Bluewater_Prod_Small.jpg

Wizkids_NECA_Small.jpg

I have no comic stores around me unfortunately.I really wanted to get all of Wolverine: Weapon X.Since it's my favorite comic book series.

I'm may not be able to go because I'll be out of town (state)... :(
If anyone wants to pick up the Lady Gaga comic for me, that would be awesome. ;)

Reminder: It's this Saturday (May 1st)

I have no comic stores around me unfortunately.I really wanted to get all of Wolverine: Weapon X.Since it's my favorite comic book series.
Did you plug in your zip code into the FCBD website? Sometimes college bookstores participate too.
---

Reminder: Free Comic Book Day is this Saturday (May 1, 2010).

Well? Did anyone pick up the Lady Gaga one for me? ;)
---
The store I went to didn't have it. I could've gotten one of each, but for some reason felt weird about it, so I got these:
  • Archie's Summer Splash! #1
  • War of the Supermen #0
  • Iron Man: Supernova
This was my fourth consecutive year. Hope I get to go again next year.

I went late in the day so one location had none left. Another place had older assorted titles from previous Free Comics Days so I picked up Leave it to Chance and Future Shock.

I went late in the day so one location had none left. Another place had older assorted titles from previous Free Comics Days so I picked up Leave it to Chance and Future Shock.
Aw! That's bad ass. I was wondering where you can get older ones...

Back