• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Free E-book on Getting Published

I downloaded it. A first time writer's guide, written by that famous, anonymous author Infinite Ideas, with no bio, tells the aspiring writer all the secrets to getting published. It was well worth the price. I especially liked the part about glossing over agents and submitting directly to publishers.

And then I came across this gem:

Mary is a wealthy American with a quite startling family story that she wanted to tell. She had never written a book before but she secured some professional editorial help and her manuscript was beautifully presented. Mary was more interested in having a sophisticated and elegantly produced book than in reaching a mass market audience so Infinite Ideas invested heavily in design and production. They used a luxurious cream paper for the text and a high-quality coated paper to carry full colour illustrations, and they commissioned a stunning cover design. The result was a riveting story in an outstanding package that was sold to a high-end US publisher who secured a glowing feature for the book on publication in New York Times. (quoted from Get Published, A First-time Writer's Guide to Publishing by Infinite Ideas - no plagiarism here.)

So here's a self publishing house masquerading as a writer to sell their services, from what I gather.

Feel free to use my review.

JohnB

Back