• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Gary Paulsen

K-Dawn

So, What do you think of him?

I think he's a great writer. We had to read Dogsong as a summer assignment for enriched english class and it was awesome! :cool:

Gary Paulsen is one of those writers you hear all this trash about, but then you read one of his books and read more and more until you've read EVERYTHING! lol, Actually, I've only read "Hatchet" and "Brians Winter" but they were EXCELLENT!

When I was young, like 11 or 12, I really liked reading his books. I read and loved "Hatchet" and "Brian's Song", I think. I also started reading "Car Ride". I also remember reading this strange book, I remember that it was from him but I forgot the title. It was more science fiction, and was about someone that stepped into a warp hole and was transformed to another planet. It looked like earth, but everything was strangely different, like people had webbed hands and the trees were orange. Well, later he found out that he was on earth, but a nuclear bomb transformed the world into something different. Mind you, that was before I saw Planet Of the Apes, so it was a novel idea. Has anyone read something similar by Gary Paulson?

When I was young, like 11 or 12, I really liked reading his books. I read and loved "Hatchet" and "Brian's Song", I think. I also started reading "Car Ride". I also remember reading this strange book, I remember that it was from him but I forgot the title. It was more science fiction, and was about someone that stepped into a warp hole and was transformed to another planet. It looked like earth, but everything was strangely different, like people had webbed hands and the trees were orange. Well, later he found out that he was on earth, but a nuclear bomb transformed the world into something different. Mind you, that was before I saw Planet Of the Apes, so it was a novel idea. Has anyone read something similar by Gary Paulson?

I don't think I read that one. It sounds good, though. I'll check it out

Hatchet was awesome, though the ending was kinda dull...

Yeah, but I like stories like that, so I didn't really care. I heard there's a book called Far North that goes along the same lines. It's on my booklist for a school club called Battle of the Books. I can't wait to read it.

Hey, nice signature.

I heard there's a book called Far North that goes along the same lines.
Oh, there's a whole series that follows after "The Hatchet". There's The River, Brian's Winter, Brian's Hunt, maybe others. I haven't read any of them, though. Figured they would basically be about the same concept as The Hatchet.

Back