• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Gaze Into Your Eyes

Mademoiselle

0_0

Hello and good morning to you all. lol I'm not sure whether or not a thread on the subject of everyone's eyesight has been posted yet but if it has, please do forgive me. lol I find it annoying enough whenever a person manages to re post a thread that has been hashed about but maybe this won't be the same..

How is everyone's eyesight? Since we all seem to manage to read quite a bit more than usual, do the majority of us have glasses/contacts? If so - which are preferable?

I've actually (very guiltily) fallen asleep while reading without removing my contacts (which is STRONGLY advised against by optometrists, which is why I never confessed to mine lol) Does anyone else have a smiliar experience?

Usually I don't fall asleep reading a book and if I have my glasses on for long periods of time I get small groove like things on the bridge of my nose (normal I think) but very annoying and painful, especially if glasses havent been worn regularly.

I'm probably straying off the topic (tangets!) haha ..

So who wears glasses? Far sighted/near sighted? Contacts or just amazingly glorious PERFECT vision? (if you DO have perfect vision, color yourself LUCKY)

Gnite for now.

Interesting question. I haven't been to the eye doc lately, but I think I'm nearsighted, which doesn't affect my favorite hobby. I guess I'm lucky that way.

I wear a pairs of glasses all the time. I never use contact lens it put me off cos I saw my brother which he uses it. The reason is I wear it because My eyes are shortsighted!

I don't wear glasses or contacts, but being on the PC for circa 12 hours per day, and reading for 3 hours on a crowded, bumpy, tube per day - I would not be surprised if my eyesight is deteriorating by the minute.

Mxx

I'm short sighted and wear contacts. I've got these new ones that I'm supposed to be able to sleep in for the occasional night. I've got some glasses, but I don't like to wear them, especially in this hot weather we've been having recently.

I'm nearsighted... I have both glasses and contacts for it, but I hardly ever wear them when... Only if it's absolutely necessary (i.e. going to the movies, classes, etc.), hardly ever at home.

I'm another short-sighted person. I started wearing glasses to see the board at school when I was just 13. I now also have contact lenses which I wear out of the house, and keep my glasses for evenings and the odd day to give my eyes a rest.

An interesting aside...(to me anyway). The term "short-sighted" appears to be used on one side of the ocean to mean the same thing as "nearsighted" on the other. Interesting. If I called someone short-sighted, it would be considered an insult.

Good point Dawn! I actually thought about it when I posted, but it's all in the context, isn't it? :)

I'm one of the lucky ones, I guess. My girlfriend has terrible eyes (and no, that's not why she's with me) so I know what a hassle it is to always be wearing glasses or lenses. In summer, when you start sweating, your glasses slip off your nose, and in winter you can't see squat when you enter a heated room, because they get all foggy. She recently bought lenses, but she has to get used to them, which means they'll give her headaches for at least several months.

Again, I count myself lucky, with my 20/20 vision.

Cheers, Martin :D

I'm very, very near-sighted. I started wearing glasses in September of 5th grade. I remember so precisely because it was right after summer vacation and when I got back to school I couldn't read a thing on the blackboard.

As an adult, I've worn both glasses and contacts. Unfortunately, I've gotten to the age where I need reading glasses, too. So now, I alternate between graduated glasses (bifocals), bifocal contacts, and regular contacts + reading glasses! Getting much too complicated just to see clearly :(

I havnt been to the optician in years, but ive never had a problem with my eyes - in fact i think i was 'supersighted' :) It a condition that occurs in 1 out of every 5 children, but deteriorates as they reach maturity - it means you have extended vision over long distances without having problems close up!

Back