• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

George Michael

nwee

Listening to "Listen without Prejudice Vol.I":star5: I have often wondered how ironic that the very prejudice that Michael wanted his audience to shun & take note of him as a serious artist, brought upon the downfall of this once very promising artist. After the pop superstar status of Faith, Michael wanted to turn himself to a serious artist, hints of which appeared even in Faith e.g. kissing a fool. From there onwards he has released just three CDs, one of which is a jazzed up covers CD, and not one which could hold a candle to "Prejudice I". The rumour was that "Prejudice Vol. II was permanently shelved :sad:. Listening to Prejudice I, almost after 20 years ( I wore out the tape back in the early 90's & managed to find a CD somewhere in 2001, I think), I can't help but wonder what an absolutely awesome album it is, & whether any contemporary CD would come close to match such a masterpiece. Was "Prejudice I" released 10 years too early ? Is there a finished Prejudice II, which will see daylight some day ? And last but not least has Michael, "retired" ?

Back