• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Golden Goblet

harrypotterrox

Has anyone read the Golden Goblet? If so how did you like it? To me, it was boring in some parts, but so exciting in others. But there were so many characters i had to write the names and their occupation on an index card! I loved the ending. I am interested to see what others thought of the book!!

HPROx:cool:

I found Golden Goblet, Order of Phoenix and Deathly Hallows pretty much as you describe....they drag very badly in places, and in others are excellent.

Unfortunately, I think that the very success of the series was BAD for the series...I'm afraid the editors at J.K. Rowling's publishers, terrified that she'd take her bestselling books to another publisher, never gave her the feedback she needed (i.e. "this bit is boring...can you rework it? Is it really necessary to the plot? Can it just be cut?") to make the books what they had the potential to be.

The earlier books were much more tightly plotted...the narrative flowed much more smoothly. It really is a pity, because she got into more complex ideas and deepened her character development so much more in the later books....if only there'd been an editor with some guts and a large box of blue pencils around!

The Goblet of Fire was quite entertaining. Although I couldnt stand the fact that they cancelled Quidditch :(

The first chapter was excellent, and set the tone for a darker series.

My least favorites of the series are Order of the Pheonix and Half Blood Prince.

Back