• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Good books wanted

Migey

hey,can anyone suggest good books? the type im looking for right now are

books set in a different world completly
or books when the narrator is transproted to a different world

for example,books like 'mister monday' and its sequels,or 'ragwitch' or 'eragon',those are the sort of different world books i mean

I recommend two by Ursula LeGuin: The Dispossessed and The Left Hand of Darkness. Also Aldous Huxley, Brave New World.

please tell me exactly what these books are about,the plot,the name of the narrator and the world they are in

i like having plots spoiled

well that never gives enough,it just gives some hocus pocus cryptic crap about the plot,thats not what i want!

Books set in an Alternate worlds ?

"The Difference Engine - Bruce Sterling and William Gibson". The book I hate but pretty much admired by most Sci-Fi readers. You can check the story, reviews etc. from here.

maybe you should be browsing the scifi/fantasy shelves in your local bookshop? there are so many good books that would fit your need for another world, but it's all down to personal taste really..

well that never gives enough,it just gives some hocus pocus cryptic crap about the plot,thats not what i want!

I read Wikipedia after or while reading the book. But, I try not to read too much into it because it explains it much too thoroughly and does spoil the book. And reading Wikipedia afterwards is almost like reading cliff notes, since it explains in different perspective than I had grasped.

Back