• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Good luck or good taste?

PhilW

In the UK we have a chain of furniture stores called MFI. Best known to us Brits for their kitchens (and, joking aside, they're not bad either). As is common with these sorts of stores, they often have books on the display model bookshelves, along with plastic fruit in bowls and that sort of thing. I never really look at what is on the shelves, since I assume that it is chosen more or less at random - "I'd like about a foot and a half of books please to fill this space". However...last week, on one bookshelf were the following four books:

Crime & Punishment
The Jungle Book
The Red Shoes
Wuthering Heights

So maybe in at least one branch of MFI there is at least one person with some good literary taste!

Perhaps it's all part of the same devious plan that has seen the newest MFI TV adverts explaining that the company has changed and become sophisticated?

That would be a reinvention along the lines of Skoda making desirable cars – and as easy to believe.

Perhaps it's all part of the same devious plan that has seen the newest MFI TV adverts explaining that the company has changed and become sophisticated?

That would be a reinvention along the lines of Skoda making desirable cars – and as easy to believe.

This makes a lot of sense, from a marketing standpoint I would be willing to bet they are using that shelf in an attempt to look more astute.

Back