• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Good sport biographies?

GatorDeb

Mainly looking for swim/bike/run biographies (guess what I do ha), but any sport will do to at least check out the description. I've read quite a bit of SRB and triathlon bios and loved them all, and I also read and loved Lance's and Agassi's. My next read is David Millar's Racing in the dark, it's being delivered to my library any day now on hold to me. There's two new run books out that I'm on a long hold line for and also Wild on hold, but no hold for RITD, go figure.

Thanks! :)

Hi GatorDeb .
Are you interested in Winter sports ?? Ski, for example .
I also read and loved Lance's and Agassi's. My next read is David Millar's Racing in the dark, it's being delivered to my library any day now on hold to me.
I used to watch Le Tour de France ... My favourite cyclists were the Climbers as Pantani, Escartin, Virenque, Beloki and then Vinokúrov ... Although, I was fond of Indurain, Riis, Zabel....

Last edited:
Anyway, I suggest you 2 non-technical biographies about the world of Ski and his skiers ...
- Hermann Maier: The Race of My Life
- The Edge of Never: A Skier's Story of Life, Death and Dreams in the World's Most Dangerous Mountains by William A. Kerig .

I have just realised the best biographies about skiers that I've read , only have been written in French ... Yes, it's a pity !! -Émile Allais, la legende - Léon Zwingelstein, Les soeurs Goitschel , Jean-Claude Killy or les Carnets du Ski of "my dear" alpinistes - Terray, Jean-Marc Boivin, Patrick Berhault....

Last edited:
Hi have also just got David Millar's book, very exciting about starting it. Eddie Merckxxx has just had a biography done, could be interesting...

Also not quite sport but mountaineering books are amazing. Try No Shortcuts to the Top by Ed Viesturs, simply amazing or Into Thin Air. No Way Down is another cracking disaster mountaineering read. amazing.

The Open -- andrew augisee.
Its not about bikes-- lance armstrong.
micheal phelps - book.

I like first 2. but as u prefer swimming, hope u like 3rd one also

Balls by Graig Nettles is a good one. He wrote it while playing for the Yankees and criticized owner George Steinbrenner quite a bit. It's a searing book. One particular part details how a 40 year old veteran got called up from the minors and Nettles needled George about the "Yankee youth movement." One of the most interesting ones was Dennis Rodman's Bad as I wanna be. If anything, it gives you a peek into the guy's inner workings which are very interesting to say the least. The vignettes about dating Madonna and knowing celebrities is rather dull, but his rise from an NAIA basketball school in Oklahoma does provide a lot of insight as to why Dennis was Dennis.

Back