• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Greenhouse Stripping: a memoir

ADHogan

Greenhouse Stripping is a spiritual memoir about a boy who felt less like he had given up on church, and more like it had lost him along the way. His unorthodox journey away from the body of Christ led not only to adventures with unforgettable characters, but to a place of reconciliation with the very people for whom he had disdain. It is for anyone who grew up in church and contemplated walking away. It is for anyone who had been burned by its people. It is for anyone searching to find their place.

Act One

1. Greenhouse Stripping – Africans eat goat and Leprechauns come in all sizes

2. Growing up at Church – Hiding in the baptistery is the best strategy for securing donuts

3. A Church on Fire – How to light a school bus on fire, and then convince your friends it is a good idea to do it again

Act Two

4. Dodgeball – Avoiding secret Baptist torture chambers

5. A Church Divided – How to defend a fort

6. The MBS Experiment – Catholics, Hobbits, and soon-to-be elementary school teachers

7. The White Truck – I don’t want to but there is a voice telling me I have to

8. Runaway – Life is too short to stop for a snakebite

Act Three

9. Smoregasms – Bearded men with chainsaws or Super Christians? One can never be too sure

10. Bears – Don’t stare into the fire or the Indians will get you

11. Bele Chere – A battle royal between a prophet and a fraternity brother

12. Practical Immortality – Throw your donuts out the windows but don’t eat that muffin in the corner

13. Epilogue

If you are interested in writing a review I can send you a PDF copy. Otherwise my book is available at http://www.amazon.com/Greenhouse-St...18356563&sr=8-1&keywords=greenhouse+stripping

Enjoy!

Back