• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Greetings all!

AudioEdition

I am new to this forum, and have a story to tell you ;)

I've always liked reading. As a matter of fact, books is the only addiction that I carried with me all my life, and will die with, unless you count breathing and human company :)

However in the last year, I'd only read 2 (that's right, two) books. How come, you ask? We thought you couldn't do with out books? I can't. I switched to audiobooks.

Don't get me wrong, I can see the argument that actually reading a book exercises my brain more then merely listening to the same text.

But my eyes are not what they used to be, and I have to wear these special glasses if I want to be able to read more than a page. And time. I mean it's not that I don't have a free half an hour during an average day. It's just that there are so many things I can do during this lengthy reprieve from the everyday grind ;)

I had discovered audio books long time ago, and we had used them during family vacations, and long drives. And then came the MP3 player. I am a bit of a high-tech buff, so I got my first in 1999.

Included with it were some audiobook samples, and an invitation to join an audiobook club. I didn't join the club, but immediately started using the player for listening to audio books.

Now days, most new titles come out with an audio version available right away. My list of books I want to read remains manageable, and walking the dog has never been this pleasant before.

So I hope you will not judge me too harshly for deviating from the classic, tried and true, and still oh-so-dear-to-my-heart paper foliant. After all I am happy :p

This all being said, my favorite genres are still sci-fi and comedy. Favorite authors include, in no particular order, Douglas Adams, Kurt Vonnegut, Jon Stewart.

Back