• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Greetings people!

hacklemn

kickbox
Hello,

I am a self-published author of children's book that teach the power of magnetic thinking using my character, Marion the Magnet.

I enjoy being a self-published author even though the road may be a bit more challenging I would have it no other way. I believe being a self-published author allows me to keep my creations pure and that is exactly what my books teach...how to create in a pure state of mind.

I would be interested in participating with other self-published authors and sharing information on this wonderful process!

Sincerely,
Sharon Hackleman

Reactions: LWB
is marion single?

...because i have my own character (who is unfortunately not self published) called Maurice the Sock Puppet. He is real, I can tell you and right now I'm in the part of the book where his ex, luann has just fled to the carribean with the duke of monaco (hes 100% silk, you see...its always the silk ones) for a romantic getaway. (he has also learned it from a most reliable source, the national enquirer) so now he's single and looking, and if your marion is single, maybe they can get together in one of the books and teach the kids about the wonders of socks and magnets! :) -B

welcome to the forum...I hope I have set the mood nicely for you with this message. ;)

Hey Bebe,

Thank you for your welcome message.

Marion the Magnet isn't looking for any sidekicks right now but thanks for the offer.

Your character Maurice the sock sounds cool. Do you have it on the net so I can see it? What is the name of your book?

Sharon

no pic, no book, but....

I can describe to you what he is like. alright, ladies, hold your horses, because here are the facts on Maurice....(in his own words)

Greetings, fine ladies of the....book forum. My name, as my creator has introduced me, is Maurice. No last name, no middle; just Maurice. You may also call me Maury. As you have been told, my private life has been quite tumultous lately, what with the love of my life luann eloping with the duke of monaco (100% silk...they're irrisistable) to the carribeans being extensively covered in the National Enquierer (a favourite sock puppet news magazine of mine). But, I am ready to move on, away from luann and her twisted lips. I am almost 2 weeks old, slim, loves long walks on the beach and listening to classical music. I am a sock of many fine tastes and my favourite wine is....uh, some wine from france. i am part chicken, part snake, with a lovely lustrous red comb and goatee. i love to wear expensive clothes (such as my navy blue bow tie and light blue shirt with "M" stitched into the back) Ladies, if you are looking for a good man/sock in your life, call me, call me today....my number is 1-800-MAURICE...but do not confuse me with that other man, maury povich.

Yay! Maurice is ready to move on and be in a healthy, loving relationship again! *sniff*...i tell ya, its just like watching your own kid grow up...:( -B

zees eez , how you say, embarassed?

Maurice? it eez moi, Luann DeMarcé. poor maurice, have i hurt tu? i deeeed not want for tu to find out about zee count et moi that way, really. as zee plane left, i beagn to wonder just why i had chosen zee count over you, my loveable fluffbunnie! o, zere are so many things i wish to tell you!une, i have left zee count. i became suspicious when zee - how you say?- female dancers began to visit zee beach bungalow. to confirm my fears, i discovered he had been having zee most torrid affair, right under mon nez! i left right after i deescoverd zees, zees travesty! and, duex, Maurice, my sweet, sweet maurice... i still love you so! tu may not be zee finest silk, but you are more of a sock than Alfonzo( zee duke) vill ever be! i know i have wronged you, but, mon amie, j'adore tu!i beg of tu, take me back, so we may once again be zee young lovers i know we were born to be.
tout mon amour, Luann

luann?!!

Oh, darling, I have missed you so...but why do you play such games with mon coeur, my love?!! one day you say you love me, the next i find that you are gone, flown off into the carribeans witht the duke of monaco....everytime it shreds my heart, cherie, more and more until i have none left...:( soon i shall be a heartless sock with no more love left to give. would you like that cherie? would you like my endless supply of love to suddenly run out? ah zut! non! that is why, i must say to you luann i am reluctant to trust you again, but i am willing to give you one more chance, out of my deep love, to you. tomorrow, let us go to the park and have a picnic like the olden days, oui cherie? i shall bring the apple, you bring the wine, sandwiches and cheese.

til tomorrow, mon coeur shall be awaiting....

Maury

Back