• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Guessing this is where I should've first wrote...

sonataro

Well, I'm a female who is interested in writing. I've been scraping together a book in my free time. It's nothing serious, but, it makes me smile and isn't that all we can ask for when writing/reading?

Welcome, welcome. There's a lovely shameless plug place to put stuffs about your own story in...(I think...there was once upon a time). Don't mind me, I come and go as the seasons allow for idle chatter.

Tell us about your reading likes and dislikes. Ask questions...it's always the best way to get answers.

Well if you don't try you fail 100% right? I read fantasy, my grammar is just as bad as my spelling. I'm writing a book. I'm a 13 year old girl. I play alto saxophone and I focus around poetry that describes how I feel.

Well if you don't try you fail 100% right? I read fantasy, my grammar is just as bad as my spelling. I'm writing a book. I'm a 13 year old girl. I play alto saxophone and I focus around poetry that describes how I feel.

Stick with the writing. I got a late start, but the longer you do it, the better you'll get. (My first works are buried never to be found...but they exist so other works can get better.) You'll learn a lot of grammar rules. BTW, grammar girl rules :p

Stick with the writing. I got a late start, but the longer you do it, the better you'll get. (My first works are buried never to be found...but they exist so other works can get better.) You'll learn a lot of grammar rules. BTW, grammar girl rules :p

Agreed - stick with it - the more you write the better you get. Also grammar, grammar, and grammar and well sadly yes spelling are REALLY important.

I agree, yet I've always been crazy bad at them. I try really hard to correct it, reading each line with care. I started writing last year, it was an assignment in L.A. We were told to write a 30 page book. The website however, only let us use 12 pages. I was so upset that I was going to prove something and just started to write. Then the teacher said she liked my essence in the story, but, she didn't like the fact it was fairy tale. That's why I write, and write, and write some more everyday. Striving to become better with every page. :D

Ok you might be a bit young to hear this particular bit of advice - but teachers/adults don't always know best. There are plenty of fantasy / modern fairy tale authors out there - Neil Gaiman, Mercedes Lackey, and Terry Pratchett spring to mind.

I agree, yet I've always been crazy bad at them. I try really hard to correct it, reading each line with care. I started writing last year, it was an assignment in L.A. We were told to write a 30 page book. The website however, only let us use 12 pages. I was so upset that I was going to prove something and just started to write. Then the teacher said she liked my essence in the story, but, she didn't like the fact it was fairy tale. That's why I write, and write, and write some more everyday. Striving to become better with every page. :D

Liking fantasy is a matter of opinion. If I were your lit teacher, I'd probably love it. (I teach chemistry not English...but I admire the fact that your teacher was/is willing to read 30 pg assignments from every single one of her students.)

BTW, I found one of the stories I wrote back in middle school...it's not great, but my teacher's positive comments probably stuck with me enough to encourage me to try again in college.
Best of luck.

I love science! My book was finished and I still wanted to write so I began to write a story, all my ideas fluttered out. It made me feel amazing. My file is named Idk. Ha ha. I try hard to correct all grammar and spelling. Like I've said before, everything I feel goes into my poetry, story, or my little book. I write my emotions I don't talk about them, call it therapy. I love writing, and to think the only reason I found this page was because I was looking for a climax. This was the best search I've EVER made!

Hello & welcome :)

I think everyone is a bit insecure about grammar and spelling, often writing is a personal thing and it is hard to open yourself up but stick with it your skills and confidence will grow :)

Also, you might check with your public library, many have teen writers workshops that can be very enlightening and they are free!

There are plenty of online resources to check grammar and spelling. MS Word also does a basic spell/grammar check - but you may need to go into the setting menu to put them on.

I love science! My book was finished and I still wanted to write so I began to write a story, all my ideas fluttered out. It made me feel amazing. My file is named Idk. Ha ha. I try hard to correct all grammar and spelling. Like I've said before, everything I feel goes into my poetry, story, or my little book. I write my emotions I don't talk about them, call it therapy. I love writing, and to think the only reason I found this page was because I was looking for a climax. This was the best search I've EVER made!

Oh I hope I have a lot of students this year who can say "I love science!"

An online writing group might be a good place to start. For a while, I was writing for a forum like website called Legends of Mernac. Although they were usually just character sketches, it was good fun and training besides.

Not sure how I stumbled upon this site...probably a Google search. I agree, great search :)

Do you write every day?

I try and when I don't i'm brainstorming. I normally keep word pad open and go online and when I think of an idea I open it up close the internet and write. I write a LOT. Oh, and I think my teacher finds me slightly annoying in science. I know the answer to almost all the questions and when I don't I make an educated guess. :). By the way, I didn't know that if I went into settings that I could turn on auto correct. That will help me a LOT! thank you!!! :D

I didn't know there was autocorrect either. Um, just be careful with that sort of thing....it isn't perfect.

Sometimes teachers need to draw out the quiet ones, but the ones brave enough to always offer an answer are also a blessing.

I get almost all of my ideas during class after I finish, or before we start, and yeah it should be fine, its in my band directors room. I forgot it when we got rained out of the game.

Back