• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Guinness

Freya

OK. When I say Guinness, tell me what springs to mind. Give me as many ideas as possible. I'd really like it if you stated roughly where you were from in the world too :D

Cheers.

Dark and bitter!
I'm from Austria so I'm not used to it either, but I drink it sometimes when I'm in some good pub. :D

It makes me think of Ireland too. And the shamrock people sometimes attempt to draw on the top. And my trip to Ireland when I was 17 :D

book of world records :eek:

I'm in the U.S., so getting a pint of Guinness is impossible, although I really want to try it one day.

For some strange reason it seems to taste much better in Ireland (not that it tastes nice anyway :eek: )

The ad phrase Pure Genius.

Also that thickish carrageen mouthfeel and a slight coffee taste. Also, I think of a particular pub in NYC where they pull a good pint thereof. And the smell of stale cigs and stale beer.

Ice - probably because the Guinness you drink here isn't brewed in Ireland, thus has different water properties and a different quality of raw ingrediants, which obviously changes the flavour a bit. No two brews are the same :rolleyes:

Novella - cheers that's just the kind of thing I was looking for.

Dele - There is NOTHING wrong with warmish beer :D

cajunmama said:
book of world records :eek:

I'm in the U.S., so getting a pint of Guinness is impossible, although I really want to try it one day.

You can get draft (draught?) Guinness in lots of pubs here! But the people who've been to Ireland do say it tastes better there.

reminds me of my father-in-law. i'd never heard of it til i met him. it's his favorite. we had a great discussion once about how the carbonation pill inside works. i still dont get it

he's from England, but been here 25 years.

they sell guiness in beer stores up here, cajunmama

horses coming out of big, white, surfy waves - like the advert. It also reminds me of Plymouth, where I used to drink it with friends occasionally.

Do you people know where I live? Let me enlighten you.

IN THE MIDDLE OF NOWHERE!!!!

Ashlea- Houston is probably the closest place I could get a passable Guinness, and it's a four hour drive for me. :(
Jenem- Canada's out of the question. :eek:

First, I thought of Guinness stout (which doesn't do a thing for me. I'd MUCH rather have Samuel Smith's Oatmeal Stout, or perhaps a Duvel or Old Peculier).

Then I thought of the Guinness Book of World Records.

Last, I thought of Alec Guinness. Though I don't know (or care) who the heck he is. Actor, I think. Ok, I just looked him up and recognize him. But other than that. Eh...

Mort said:
Last, I thought of Alec Guinness. Though I don't know (or care) who the heck he is. Actor, I think. Ok, I just looked him up and recognize him. But other than that. Eh...

:eek: what???
obi wan kenobi, the force was with him, damn prequels :mad:

Back