• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Happy 4th of July! (belated) What did you do?

Gilgamesh

I cleaned out my garage! Lots of fun. At night, we went to a local park on a hill and watched fireworks.

We had all the kids home, along with their SOs, and we grilled burgers and hot dogs and did the fireworks thing. Then Saturday my dh and I scrambled to get the rest of the stuff he needed for his two weeklong business trip...he'd meant to take the laptop, and since Murphy's Law is the law of the land, the laptop died. We knew it was in trouble, and had planned to replace it with a desktop machine and put ours out in the family room for the kids...just not planned on this to occur mere hours before he was to drive 8 1/2 hours...Soooo we made a 10pm run to Wally World(since they're always open and always have computer packages) and bought a whole nuther setup...and then stayed up half the night while he got it operational and moved his important files. This was one of those times where plan A didn't work out and that was a good thing... he tried to get a flight to Austin and it just wasn't practical so he rented a car...

I actually giggle frequently at inappropriate times. Like when my boss talks about the importance of everything we do using analogies containing car parts...I don't want to be a car part.

Back