• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Happy Birthday Mari!

mehastings

I hope you've been having a great day!!
birthdaycake.gif

Thank you all!

The plush bookworm was last year. This year the theme was gag gifts having to do with maternity. :rolleyes:

Oh no, my sympathy. I got a lot of those for Christmas last year. :(

Sounds like a great time to 'regift', with Christmas coming soon and all..;) If people are mean enough to give this kind of stuff in the first place, they ought to be able to laugh when they get it back the next year! Just smile sweetly and say you're 'sharing the wealth.' :p

Oh come on it wasn't that bad. Except maybe the t-shirts. But hey, I'm going to need all the big t-shirts I can get pretty soon, right? If only they didn't have all those stupid expressions on them. We already know what's on board, how it got there, etc., ok?

Oh come on it wasn't that bad. Except maybe the t-shirts. But hey, I'm going to need all the big t-shirts I can get pretty soon, right? If only they didn't have all those stupid expressions on them. We already know what's on board, how it got there, etc., ok?

They're really only cute the first couple of times you wear them..i think it would be funny if the Baby w/downward pointing arrow shirts had a sideward pointing arrow instead..or something along the lines of a checklist of common retorts to the most common stupid questions and comments:
__ Yes! I DO know how it got there!

___ Boy or Girl? Yes..

___If you pat my tummy can I pat yours??

__ Spare me the horror stories!

___ Yes, we planned this accident, thank you very much!

You get the idea...;)

Market them! The maternity market is evergreen! As you know.

Especially "Spare me the horror stories." Omigod I need that one. Now. Badly.

Market them! The maternity market is evergreen! As you know.

Especially "Spare me the horror stories." Omigod I need that one. Now. Badly.

It must be an ingrained trait..I've had to catch myself several times..My point in relating my experiences is to encourage new moms, that every birth is different and aren't all horrible and dire..really!

...Especially "Spare me the horror stories." Omigod I need that one. Now. Badly.

The best ones I've seen recently were actually shirts (or onsies if desired) for the baby. They said "Please don't ask my Daddy if he's 'babysitting" and "Please don't ask my Mommy if she's working" you can get those at Whole Foods in the states. If they weren't so much money I'd have gotten one of each because those questions both drive me nuts.

Happy Birthday Mari and congrats on your forth-coming baby:) I had a T-shirt saying 'Baby under construction' with a picture of loud crashes,hammers and wood flying around. Quite liked it because that's exactly how it felt :D

Happy Birthday, Mari and just think, your name is a bit close to Mommy and the first time you hear that one, nothing is ever the same. Enjoy!

Happy Birthday, Mari and just think, your name is a bit close to Mommy and the first time you hear that one, nothing is ever the same. Enjoy!

Oh..and just wait til the first time your child is old enough to display great joy and jubilation just because mommy or daddy reappears after a whole five minute absense! :cool:

Back