• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Harry Potter 3

Darren

While the second Harry Potter film, Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, is in production (out in November this year), plans are underway for the third. For Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, Chris Columbus, who directed the first two films, will become co-producer. Into his place steps Mexican Alfonso Cuaron, director of the 1995 film A Little Princess and an adaptation of Charles Dickens’ Great Expectations set in modern New York. For Harry III, the three child stars have been retained in the leads and Robbie Coltrane and Richard Harris will reprise their roles as Hagrid and Dumbledore respectively. Filming will start early in 2003, with release scheduled for summer 2004.

Source: Bloomsbury Magazine

It will be interesting to see the difference between the visions of each director. I wasn't all that impressed with the adaptation of The Little Princess. Seems a bit flat to me. I loved the book as a child (along with The Secret Garden) and was sorely disappointed with the recent (1995) film.

But, who am I to question the powers that be. On second thought I STILL question the sanity of casting Tom Cruise as Lestat in Interview with a Vampire. What were they thinking!!!

Keep us posted if you hear of anymore trailers, Darren.

My boys (8 and 5) are dying to see the second Harry Potter film and we'll probably go over the Christmas break...for some reason, I thought Richard Harris had died..I've tried doing a web search but can't find anything...anyone hear anything about that? I can't imagine who else would be a more perfect Dumbledore though.

Yes, Richard Harris has died. What a great actor he was! He will surely be missed. It was nice to see that a new generation of filmgoers were able to appreciate his work.

I have seen the film Harry Potter 2. It was really good. I really enjoyed this one than no.1.
I forget the actor's name may replace Richard Harris for Harry Potter 3. Oh I remember his name now Ian McKellegn ( not sure his surname spelling right!) He was in X-Men film. But I may be wrong. So wait and see.

I'm reliably informed that in the 3rd film, they're going to try a digital thingummajig (technical term) to superimpose Harris' face over that of his stand-in for the first 2 films. I forget his name, but it is definitely NOT Ian McKellan (Gandalf in the LOTR Trilogy) - it's an unknown - at least to me - 76 year old actor.

I didn't think Ian McKellan would be interested in doing Harry Potter. Don't get me wrong, I love the books and enjoyed the films, but I just don't think it would be Mr. McKellan's cup of tea. He's a bit more weighty, if you know what I mean.

They did a similar thing when Oliver Reed died towards the end of filming Gladiator, but that's going to be quite a lot of digital magic for a whole film.

Are they going to release the third film late next year? I'd heard that they might be waiting longer.

I read some papers made the rumour about Ian McKellan. Yeah I know what you mean, Dawn. It will be interesting to find out what happening to Dumbledore role. Could be digital or new actor? I am sure we will find out soon possibly in early 2003.

Back