• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Harry Potter 5 Cover Previews

Darren

Children's UK Edition Hardback
356.jpg

Adult UK Edition Hardback
aimages_eu.amazon.com_images_P_0747569401.02.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Children's US Edition Hardback
View attachment aimages.amazon.com_images_P_043935806X.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

I like the UK Adult version. It's the type of cover I would be drawn to - even if I didn't know it was Harry Potter.

I don't like the first one either.

I'd love to be able to read the book itself instead of look at the cover endlessly though. :)

The hottest day of the summer so far was drawing to a close and a drowsy silence lay over the large, square houses of Privet Drive. The only person left outside was a teenage boy who was lying flat on his back in a flowerbed outside number four.

Dumbledore lowered his hands and surveyed Harry through his half-moon glasses. "It is time," he said, "for me to tell you what I should have told you five years ago, Harry. Please sit down. I am going to tell you everything."

:)

Ooooohhh Darren, I can't wait. Thanks for quotes. It sounds good.
I prefer Children's UK cover cos of the colour. I like US's cover too.

Dumbledore lowered his hands and surveyed Harry through his half-moon glasses. "It is time," he said, "for me to tell you what I should have told you five years ago, Harry. Please sit down. I am going to tell you everything."

That's just being plain mean! What's he going to tell? I demand to know. *sigh* How long again until I get to read it?

I like the UK adult version best too!

We'd ordered one from the internet... and canceled and ordered one from a brick-and-mortar store near here, thinking we'd get it sooner. Also ordered four from the library, spaced out a bit! Hoping we can have enough copies for the whole family to be reading it at the same time. Last time, they kept dropping my bookmark!

i like the first 2 covers and my cousin's gonna get me a copy from her work (she works in a store thats gonna sell it and all the people that work there had to sign this contract that they won't even open the boxes to 9 o'clock other wise they get a heavy fine because they expect it to be such a quick seller)

Deluxe Edition

There's also going to be a deluxe edition released

This cloth-covered deluxe edition features full-color printed endpapers and a foil-stamped title on the spine, and comes complete with a full-color slipcase with matte lamination and foil-stamping. Best of all, the book jacket is emblazoned with exclusive, original artwork (that's different than the regular edition) by illustrator Mary GrandPré--a frameable, one-of-a-kind keepsake that you won't find anywhere else.

Available from amazon.com for $42.00 (retail price $60)

ooh I can't wait! The first cover is nice... my guess is that dumbledore will tell harry the reason why voldemort was so intent on killing him when he was a baby.. perhaps harry's like anakin skywalker or neo in the matrix?
*shrugs*

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix Sneak Preview!!!

There's an audio extract from the eagerly awaited new book online at amazon.com

Read the full news story and the extract here

You'll also get a sneak preview of one of our new content channels which will be going live very soon...

As an adult, I was wondering if the Harry Potter books would be a fun read. Yes or No?? Thanks in advance. ~Kalley

I'm not an adult just yet, but I do think it would be a fun read, even for adults. It's very nicely written, and the story's well-plotted as well, so if you're looking for some light reading...

Kalley,

Definitely, yes! The Harry Potter books are a fun read for adults.

They are entertaining, witty, and have steadily grown in both complexity and depth of characters. I believe they will join the ranks of other classic children's series. Read them, you won't regret it.

Ell

Originally posted by ka11ey
As an adult, I was wondering if the Harry Potter books would be a fun read. Yes or No?? Thanks in advance. ~Kalley

I've read them all (including Order!) and I'm 30 w/ a small daughter. All of the HP books have well-drawn characters; mostly character-driven plot (but lots of action, too) and loads of imagination! They're very easy to read; not dense at all, so it's easy to put down and pick up again (not that you'd want to, they're all real page-turners!) Fun read? Yes. You'd probably like them if you enjoy that genre.

I picked up the first one b/c of all the hype - and got hooked myself...

Cheers!
Robin

Thanks everyone for the replys! I just ordered the first 4 books and can't wait to get them! I need some light, enjoyable reading this summer as I'm starting another college course in 3 weeks. ~Kalley

Back