• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets

schebelek

This is my first thread so I may make mistakes here.
About Chamber of Secrets,
I do not like that ultracommercial idea of Harry Potter be wasted on white screen. First, the details are so lost and the directors are so interested in showing the things the gullible audience would like that the ideas and criticisms of the new world in Harry Potter are spoiled badly and madly.
They'd better skip the details about monsters being monstrous rather than skipping the evil being evil. We could not see enough of Father Malfoi(or was it Malfoy? I don't remember) as the one who caused all problems. That's one lapse. I could always discuss with anyone on the bad adaptation that book has undergone.
Cheers, Big Companies keep wasting the great stories again.
I just loathe it.

First of all, the director seemed to aim at capturing the attention of younger audiences.

Yes, they missed a lot of good stuff on the movie.

I hope the 3rd one's better.

3rd one has a new, interesting director so I hope he captures more of a timeless feel that the books have. The 2nd movie was faithful to the book but had no heart. Just a retelling for the kiddos.

Back