• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Harry Potter and the Order of Phoenix

Henriette

Harry Potter and the Order of Pheonix

Well, I suppose you've already dicussed this book, but I just registrated and I would like to hear your oppinion about it.
And don't mind me if I spell something wrong.

I think it's wonderful!
Well, of course, all of them are.
I bet you've noticed that they scream a lot in this book?
At least, that's what I think.
But you really do understand why he's so angry.
He has the right to be. Like he says; he didn't ask for all this and still it has to happen to just HIM.
He lost his parents and I bet that's not all he will lose.

Waiting for your thoughts about it. :)

I thought that Harry's anger really wasn't much different than the anger that most teenagers feel. I guess it is a sign that Rowling is a good writer that Harry was actually rather annoying at some parts of the book (again, like most teenagers).
It is probably as good as, or better than, the rest of the Potter series; but because of realistic depiction of Harry's struggles with adolescence, it ended up feeling dark and confusing.

Yeah, I thought so, too.
Everything seemed so... hopeless at the end.
Like; "I'm going to get killed and there's nothing I can do about it", or something like that.
But still there was a little sunshine through the rain.
He still has so many friends, and they are all there for him.
I guess you should count him as lucky, although he'll probably get a hard time in the last books.

I think that the fifth book was a brilliant piece of writing.The hallmark of a book is not its story but how it is presented to the reader and this book is amazing in that perspective.
J K Rowling makes no mess in showing how Harry has grown up.the first book was all roses and candy but all the succesive books have become more and more grey and that is how life pans out to be isnt it?
i think that is why her books are so succesful because the theme of Harry Potter is "growing up" which is an experience shared by all people in the world and appreciated as much as anyone else

Exactly. When Harry is complaining (if only to himself) about always having to be the one to save the world, it really isn't very different from any kid complaining about always having to be the one to . . . (fill in the blank).
It's also this "universality" which makes the backlash against Rowling on account of "magic" so ridiculous.

It's very interesting to read you oppinions.
You get another vision of Harry Potter that way.

Well, I can't wait to read the next book. *smile*

The games

Does anyone else wish that EA would develop a Harry Potter game that is all about duelling? In the other games harry can't cast half the hexes he can in the books (he can only cast flipendo and use expelliarmus). I think it would be good craic. Also, does anyone know when the 6th harry potter book is due out? can't wait to read it...all the others are class.

Shouldn't this be moved to the Childrens' Fiction section?

Danke schön, Mile-O! :D

~
In a miasma, a tempestuous miasma
I'll be in attendance, I'll be amatory toward you, perpetually
~

One would imagine it should actually be moved to the Harry Potter section ;)

I pity the fool :D

Phil

whisperer said:
Also, does anyone know when the 6th harry potter book is due out? can't wait to read it...all the others are class.

I saw on JK Rowling's official website that she is still in the early stages of writing it. But I know that the 4th movie is due out Nov. 18th 2005 according to Yahoo!

i know that this is a really old thread but the 6th book (Harry Potter and The Half-Blood Prince) comes out July 16th 2005 :)

She definatley has the ability to interperet the way a teenager is growing up and by showing that he has emotions, she breaks away from other genres. Other generes when they have kids growing up, they just describe the way the person grows in general. JK describes how he grows, but also describes how his emotions are working now that he is older.

Sorry if this dosen't make sense, I'm in computer class and the teacher looking at me strange :eek:

no it makes sense, in a really weird way. I agree though, many people when they first read the fifth book, thought wow its so dark! But really, as a teenager you go through that phase of "I hate everything and everyone." While most writers don't even begin to touch on the emotions during this period, JK Rowling effectively dug into the beneath the surface emotions of a teenager and applied them to Harry and the wizarding world.

Completely agree. JK really got into the emotions of the characters this time around.
I think the books are also so much more connected now. Things that happen now are directly effecting things in the future. In the first two or so, they were kinda stand alone consequences.

I really love how she handled the ending with Harry and Dumbledor.

I agree with the emotions bit. J. K Rowling makes each book darker and makes Harry more emotional, and it had a great ending, which is harder since every book ends with a discussion with Dumbledore

Hey everyone! Just had a quick question about OTP. I'm rereading it and I came to the part
on the train where Draco tells Harry he'll be "dogging" him now that he's a Prefect. Harry and Hermione suspect that this is a thinly veiled threat about Sirius' Snuffles form. I was just trying to remember if/how Draco or anyone else would come to suspect that the dog was Sirius. Was it just because he's a registered animagus or did anyone else know that he took the form of a dog?
I appreciate the help!

Sirrius is an unregistered amigius. But, because Peter Pettigrew knows he is an amigius and works for Voldermort, Voldermort knows Sirrius is an amigius and might have told his Death Eaters as well.

h_carnahan said:
Sirrius is an unregistered amigius. But, because Peter Pettigrew knows he is an amigius and works for Voldermort, Voldermort knows Sirrius is an amigius and might have told his Death Eaters as well.
Ah, that makes sense. Thanks! I just couldn't figure out how Draco would even suspect him. Pettigrew is a likely culprit! :)

Back