• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Harry Potter Clues

h_carnahan

Someone told me that in books 1-4 there are clues leading up to what happens in the fifth book and the books yet to come, does anyone know what I am talking about and has found some of these clues?

:confused:

I wouldn't call anything in the books clues exactly, just that Rowling has an overall idea of where she wants to take the story and this can be used to leave certain scenarios open to elaborate on in the future.

For example, Luna in #5 seems an odd character, but the chances are this oddness will be explained in future books and, when they are released, people will think that they saw clues in the previous book.

I doubt that any of them are real intentional clues, just parts of the story that are expanded upon and open to interpretation.

Mxx

An overall idea?? Did you watch that programme about her a couple of years ago, she seemed to have all seven books mapped out already!! One room of her house was a mess with papers, sketches, other stuff all to do with Harry Potter - quite an amazing sight :) Now about four years and counting til the next book (my estimate, not official)

BTW, off-topic and everything, but i saw the trailed for Prisomer of Azkaban the other day - looks pretty cool (the Dementor looks wickid so far (you only get to see an arm) - unfortunately the kids look about three years older each movie rather than one (and what the heck have they done to Malfoy?? The other kid looked much more the part!)

Phil

Well according to the IMDb yeah he is, but he looks way different - funny what being a teenager does to you :)

Phil

indeed. I downloaded the trailer after this thread and see it is the same person, just looks older and has the hair that's starting to grow to be like his father's. (also downloaded the trailer for Shrek 2 - hee, looking good)

(sorry for hijacking the thread h_carnahan)

clues I don't know but I did just read a great book

The book was called The Magical Worlds of Harry Potter, myths legends...
I can't remember the rest of the title but it was written by Colbert.
It's like an encyclopedia of information on what's in the books and some of the history it is related to. It was just astounding to me how much JK Rowling knows of literature, the world, myths and legends! I found it quite facinating. I was just in the bookstore the other day and saw a few other similar books that now seem to be coming out. you might give it a try.
As for Harry and his pals I just love the whole thing! books movies you name it! Wouldn't it be great to have some of those things be real?
TTFN
bookbug :)

Back