• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Harry Potter Comic

Well, I've been rereading my Harry Potter books so I can get around to book 5 sometime (plus they don't need much thought to read IMHO). The thing that struck me on the reread was the way in which they were paced.

Rather than that of a novel, I'd suggest the pacing's very similar to that of many of the 'generic' comics on the market with regards to cliffhangers and plot revelations. It's one way to introduce the mainstream to comics I guess.

What do you think? Am I talking rubbish, or does anyone out there agree with me?

fluffy, I totally agree with you, but for a different book. :D

I felt the same way for Neverwhere by Neil Gaiman. This is a guy who wrote comics, after all.

But no, I didn't feel this way with HP. :eek: Just a rollicking good read.

ds

I haven't felt that way with the series either. #5, which I have yet to finish, actually seems very slow-paced to me -- there were quite a few pages to get through before Harry even makes it to Hogwarts.

Back