• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Harry's Ordeals with ChoChang, is Hermione the one for Harry? *SPOILERS*

Firebolt 02

Harry's Ordeals with ChoChang, is Hermione the one for Harry?

Those of you that have finished The Order of the Phoenix. Are both arguements Harry and Cho have (Hogsmeade Valentine's visit and corridor confrontation concerning Cho's friend Marietta squelling on the D.A) just a reality check to Harry letting him know Hermione's the one? To me it seems evident that Hermione likes Harry though he is reluctant to believe so. During Harry and Ron's conversation about Cho in front of Hermione in the common room (which is writing on a piece of parchment) Ron asks her what is she writing. It seemed funny to me that she said she was writing to Victor Krum, whom she attended the Yule Ball with, I don't think she was writing to him. What do you guy's think? I think it was jealousy taking over. Also, on the way back home from Hogwart's Hermione is the one who informs Harry that Cho is already going out with another individual. What do all of you speculate about all of this? I'm real anxious to hear any insights any of you might have.
-Oz

maybe it's just me...

I think Id be more in favor of Harry getting involved with Ginny rather than Hermione because hints in the book suggest that Ron and Hermione have an already almost married couple type relationship which I find cute. All are still young though ;) Luna might be an interesting romantic interest for either Ron or Harry. Cho is just a bit too high strung for these dark magic fighting teens - I mean, should one focus on pleasing one's significant other or saving the world? haha..

Who knows. There are two more books left. Anything can happen.

If i had to guess, I'd believe Hermione is the one for Harry and Luna is perfect for Ron. They are both a little 'looney' if you know what I mean. Do you believe there still might be something between Harry and Cho in the near future?

I always thought Harry and Cho would get it together eventually, but after HP5 this seems rather less likely. (Incidentally, I loved the bit after Harry's had a disastrous date with Cho and Hermione explained exactly how Cho would have been feeling, to Ron and Harry's bemusement. Her comment to Ron, "Just because you have the emotional capacity of a teaspoon" made me laugh out loud!)

My feeling is that Hermione and Ron will definitely get together, it's been on the cards from the beginning with their love/hate relationship.

I'm pretty sure Ron and Hermione will end up together... I don't know about Harry though. Ginny was a possibility, but I'm not sure. Maybe someone new?

I thought Luna was an interesting addition to the cast of characters. I think there's more to her that we'll discover in the books to come. As far as Hermione and Harry...I don't think she was jealous at all about Harry's relationship with Cho. I think she honestly wanted to give Harry a girl's perspective in order to help Harry with Cho. If she were jealous, would she bother? At this point, I think she finds both Ron and Harry a bit immature, which is pretty typical considering their ages. She seem to be the type that would appreciate an older "man". Of course, as they all age, the maturity levels between boys and girls start to even out. Point being...she could go for one of them before the story ends.

You are precisely correct. Let's not forget Lily began dating James Potter until their 7th year at Hogwarts. Before the 7th year it seemed she found him foul and immature, even when he stood up to Snape for her about calling her a Mudblood. So yeah, you never know we'll just have to wait and see.

Hermione and Harry could be a possiblity but it seems that Harry needs Luna more than Hermione right now. After losing his Godfather, after thinking he finally was going to have a great life, Harry needs to be with Luna because she knows what it is like to lose somebody. In the end Luna and Harry share a delicious moment and Harry feels for her when he offers to help her find her stuff. But as for Hermione, she doesn't know how to help Harry. I think that Harry and Hermione do have a little crush thing going but in the end, it will end up with Hermione and Ron, and Harry and Luna.

I've always felt that Hermione and Ron would get together, and I've been hoping for a Harry/Ginny romance but I think it's more likely that Rowling will deny us that one. I think it will be someone new for Harry or alternatively he will be alone at the end after triumphing against evil forces.

Hmm.. no not Harry and Hermione.

I think :-

Ron/Hermione
Harry/Luna
Ginny/Neville

and perhaps Ron/Hermione/Harry :eek: :p

No not Ginny and Neville. That would be to weird for Ron, and Ginny seems to dim to pick out a guy that would be good for her like Neville, maybe she will just stick to worshiping Harry...

I am only in the middle of Harry and the goblet fire. and I really want him to find love with cho . Hermione and Ron are more likely to end up together and in the Goblet of fire, I really considered Hemione's reaction towards Ron, I quote "next time, invite me before someone else does, and not as a last resort" as an evidence of her liking him. And she didn't seem to care about Harry. Or maybe, as I read it in English and not in French, I have not caught the real meaning of her reaction and just let my romantic girly side take over me.I am looking forward the next books, and as I could read, my hopes of harry going out with Cho will be fulfilled?Even though it doesn't seem to have a happy ending between them... But Hermione is definitely the one for...Ron.

I think Hermione really was writing to Victor Krum. From the way Harry is comfortable about saying he doesn't think Hermione's ugly and the way Hermione responds to Harry's sudden confusion about Cho, I'd say they're most likely to end up as just friends. But I think they make a great couple. Although I know most are against this idea. :D

harry and hermione

i think harry will end up w/ hermione because they are so much like lily and james. like harry is a pureblood like james and hermione is a muggleborn like lily.

patiltwin01 said:
i think harry will end up w/ hermione because they are so much like lily and james. like harry is a pureblood like james and hermione is a muggleborn like lily.

thats interesting assessment but, remember that james and lily were not friends in school. james was popular smart and cocky and lily was smart beautiful but kind and was against the whole snape thing.....

rowling hints on the site that hermione and ron will get together but harry having a better half is never mentioned...

Maybe all her hints for Hermoine and Ron are just too obvious? Maybe Ron is just immatre about girls? Although I do hope they get together. I think Harry and Hermoine will always be great friends and probably very close, but as far as chemistry goes, I don't think there's anything.

An Harry's romantic relationships mirroring his parents is a little to obvious to be true. JKR likes adding twists in, but I don't think she will add a big one in here.

I don't know if Harry will end up with someone, but I think it may be Luna. I can't think of any other point of her actually being there. She has turned up rather suddenly as a major character in book 5 without any obvious point other then to be a new sort of friend.

I agree with Safia, Harry and Hermione don't have that sort of chemistry, whereas Ron and Hermione have that 'opposites attract' thing going on....

Incidently, when 'Order of the Phoenix' came out, I read an article in the paper that claimed that 'top psychologists' :confused: thought that Harry's date with Cho showed typical behaviour of a sexually confused teenager and that Harry might actually be gay... What top psychologists are doing studying Harry Potter when they should presumeably be studying top psychology is beyond me :)

Not convinced myself, but just thought I'd throw it in there, see what other people thought....

Good grief! :rolleyes: So it's not that he is shy and terrified about having his first girlfriend, which makes him all awkward and tongue-tied? (Which is how I read it.) Bloody psychologists, always reading too much into things!

Back