• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Hello, Everybody!

Richard Hannay

Hello.

(Ah- the agonies of the introduction! "Good morning" seems a little too posh and upper class, while "hi" is too informal. And how should I describe myself? Should I list my favourite books, or simply mention that I'd like to look around the forums? Maybe a little self-deprecating humour would be appropriate, or maybe that would seem overly patronising? If I said that crime was my favourite genre, would that alienate all of the sci-fi and fantasy fans on the site? Or am I over-thinking this slightly?)

I'm looking forward to comment on this site- I haven't found another forum about books that is so full as this one. I like all sorts of books, but particularly classics- 1920s crime fiction being a particular favourite (although I am interested in more modern science-fiction).

My user-name is actually a fictional character, from the books by John Buchan! Hah! I must seem rather paranoid, mustn't I!?

hello.gif

Back