• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Hello everyone!

Deerskin

Hi to everyone on this site - I came across it while browsing and it looks interesting so I thought I'd introduce myself!

My particular favourites in literature are Tolkien, Shakespeare and William Blake but I also have a great interest in children's books. Hope to be able to discuss these and many others here!

I'm currently reading 'Chocolat' by Joanne Harris - a lovely story which I would recommend to anyone! And if anyone is wondering about my name it was taken from the 'Deerskin' by Robin McKinley - a magical, (though quite dark) book which I read fairly recently.

I love Tolkein and childrens books too. The former by choice and the good taste of my family the latter has grown on me as I spend a great deal of time reading to my little ones. I can quote the Very Busy Spider, You Are Special, and Papa Get the Moon For Me verbatim, just try me.

See you around.

Prolixic, I can still recite Goodnight Moon Room from reading to my son, who's now 19. You are not alone.

Deerskin,
I have read 'Chocolat'. I really enjoyed it. I have her other book at home but not yet to read. I forget full title but I remember one word 'Oranges'.

Hi Prolixic, great to find another Tolkien fan!
It must be wonderful to be reading to your children and introducing them to the wonderful world of literature that gives us so much pleasure. I hope they all grow up to be avid readers! :D

Kaz
I've finished Chocolat now - what a lovely book! I think I know the other book you mean but I can't remember the full title either. When you do read it I'd love to know what you think - perhaps I'll read some more of hers too :)

Back