• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Hello everyone!

My name is Tatiana and I live in Paris. I enjoy reading different kinds of books and for me one of life's greatest pleasures is "discovering" a new author. Voilà, that's all for now.

Welcome Tatiana,
Yes, we would be glad to hear of the new authors you have discovered.
The more the merrier! :)
Peder

Thanks for the warm welcome!

As for new authors, my most recent "discoveries" are Eric-Emmanuel Schmitt (L'Evangile selon Pilate), Arturo Pérez Reverte (El Club Dumas, La Tabla de Flandes, La Reina del Sur) and John Irving (A Widow for One Year). They've all been around for a long time, I know, but I "discovered" them this year.

à +!

Welcome, Tatiana!! Arturo Pérez Reverte AND John Irving?! We are going to get along famously - they are two of my favourite authors :) . Please add some comments to the thread on The Club Dumas. There's also a brief summary of my thoughts on The Flanders Panel here. I just love the first line:

"A sealed envelope is an enigma containing further enigmas."​

Welcome, Tatiana.
I answer here something you asked in another thread because I cannot find it now. The reason for Garcia Marquez being called Marquez is that, as in English speaking countries people only have one surname, when talking about someone from a country where people have two, they take the last one as the surname and treat the first as if it was a middle name. There are exceptions, like Borges or Cervantes, but in their case it comes from publishers and/or public not knowing the second surname or even ignoring that they had one.

NotTheDoctor said:
My name is Tatiana and I live in Paris. I enjoy reading different kinds of books and for me one of life's greatest pleasures is "discovering" a new author. Voilà, that's all for now.
Hello Tatiana, welcome to TBF
Discovered lots of new authors since i've been a member.

Back