• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Hello Fellow Bookworms

mmyap

I'm so excited to find this forum! Hi there, all. My name is Monique and I'm a 43 year old mom, wife and office manager in a property management company. I live on the island of Oahu.

I recently finished Wash This Blood From My Hand by Fred Vargas and thoroughly enjoyed it. I really recommend it. I usually lean toward the english manor house/tea cozy type mysteries but this was recommended by someone to me. I'm glad I gave it a try.

Next on my bookshelf is In The Woods by Tana French.

Anyhow, I've been a big reader most of my life and I'm really looking forward participating here on this board and getting recommendations on good reads.

Hi Monique! Glad to have you here. You're the first one on this forum from Hawaii (that I've seen)

Was in Hawaii in December '06....it was a crazy wild ride. I flew over there to see a concert.

That is a long way to go for a concert. Who did you see?

Yea, I know. I'm nuts. I went to see U2. So did 47,000 other people. It was at the same time as the Pearl Harbor Remembrance day, the Marathon, and some Surfing event on the North Shore. All I gotta say, I thought Chicago had bad traffic!:whistling:

Welcome to the forum Monique!:)

If you see Dog the Bountyhunter,please tell him he should know better than speak freely on the phone when he is famous.:lol:,And tell his wife...never mind.:D

I've actually seen Dog. That man sticks out like a sore thumb here. In a sea of tshirts and shorts he shows up dressed like a 70's hair band reject.

I don't know how he manages to catch people, you can see him coming from a mile away.:lol:

Thanks for the nice welcome. After reading through some of the threads last night I now have a whole new page full of titles and authors. Thank you!

Back