• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Hello Forum

AbsoluteZero

Well, hello. I am 17 years old and I have never really been interested in books, BUT one day my friend told me he was reading a really neat book. It was called Myst: The book of Artus. Well one day when I was at his house I read some of the beginning and I went crazy. It was the first book I had ever read because I wanted too. Well I read it in about 3 days and then I HAD to read the other 2 Myst books. I have to say that the first one is by far the best. Well, anyways, I read those books about a year or two ago and haven't read anything until just last week when I read Fahrenheit 451 for school. I REALLY liked it and I hope to find more science fiction novels to read. I have only read a couple books and I have no Idea what some good Sci fi books are so any help on that would be appreciated. :)

I haven't read any sci-fi recently, but this is the short list of things I would recommend to friends:
Lord of Light by Roger Zelazny
The Diamond Age by Neal Stephenson
Snow Crash by Neal Stephenson
Neuromancer by William Gibson
The Mote in God's Eye by Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle
Mission of Gravity by Hal Clement
A Canticle for Leibowitz by Walter (?) Miller

Please, funes, don't forget:
Footfall, Niven and Pournelle
This Immortal, Zelazny
The Moon is a Harsh Mistress, Heinlein
The Forge of God, Greg Bear

Greetings and Salutations, Earthling!

You can't go wrong with Ender's Game and the books that follow. Orson Scott Card is the author. I introduced my son to scifi with those.

If you're looking to find a good book, you've come to the right place. Good luck and welcome.

There's lots of stuff that I forgot to put on the list (though I haven't read any of the ones you mentioned), like H.G. Wells and Jules Verne. Where was my brain?

Back