• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Hello from O36

oloroso36

I stumbled upon this forum just this week - and because of all of you I've been neglecting my work and posting like crazy!

I am a "faithful" reader of:

Stephen King
Elizabeth George
JRR Tolkien
Anita Brookner
Iris Murdoch
Lilian Beckwith
Agatha Christie
Nick Hornby
Timothy Findley
Hugh MacLennan
Alice Munro
Ethel Wilson
Jane Austen
Barbara Kingsolver
Pablo Neruda
Sara Teasdale
Isabel Allende
John Irving
Charles Dickens
Robertson Davies

just to name a few :D :D :D

I worked in a library for 4 years, and in a bookstore for 8. Now I have sold my soul in the corporate jungle in return for a decent paycheque and security.......:confused: :confused: :confused: I guess I just like to eat.....regularly!

Talk to all of you soon I hope.

Hello O36,

Glad you've jumped right in.

I see a number of Canadian authors on your list (love Alice Munro and Davies), but curious there's no Margaret Atwood.

Ell

I have a love/hate relationship with Atwood. I really enjoyed Handmaid's Tale and Cat's Eye, but couldn't get into Blind Assassin or Alias Grace. Surfacing really disturbed me.

Surfacing really disturbed me.
I didn't care for Surfacing, either. However, I absolutely loved The Blind Assassin and thought Alias Grace pretty ordinary for Atwood.

She's certainly not everyone's cup o' tea!

I've found that the older I get, the more I appreciate and can relate to her female characters.

Back