• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Hello i am looking for books/series similar to the following listed?

Donald

Hello i am looking for books/series similar to the following listed:

Im looking for some adventure books similar to Indiana Jones (i own all of his books already.) Maybe some with a cool hero who goes around the world and deals with mythical legends and what not but is realistic like indiana.

Also looking for books similar to the X-Files. maybe about a guy or partners dealing with similar issues like mulder and skully. ( i own all the x-files books) i bought a book by "preston & child" called "relic" and i think this may be sort of close. but any more would be appreciated.

Maybe some books like Die hard maybe a guy who keeps getting in situations like John Mcclane (i own the books that the movies are based off of.)

books similar to dan brown books (i own all of his) i saw some books by "steve berry" but alot of them have mixed reviews so i am hesitant.

i tried finding books similar to star trek, in the sense of military scifi. Star ships and voyages and battles and what not. (yes i have read a ton of star trek and star wars books. also star ship troopers.)

hmmm i cant seem to think of anything else though im sure i have other books that i am looking for. Any help would be appreciative :) thanks!!!!!!!!!!

Steve Berry's Cotton Malone series are pretty good. Don't pay mind to reviews unless you absolutely know the reviewers POV agrees with yours. Remember it is just an opinion and at the end of the day you are the one who is going to read the books. If you are really unsure find one in the library or bookstore and have a look before buying.

Clive Cussler - Dirk Pitt Adventures NUMA daredevil and adventurer saves the world repeatedly in an assortment of modern adventures based on archaelogical / historical mysteries. Missing boats, trains and assorted treasures.

David Gibbons - Jack Howard Books - marine archaelogist saves underwater treasures from assorted baddies.

Andy McDermott - Nina Wilde Series Archaelogist and her ex-SAS boyfriend get into all kinds of dramas while trying to save various archaelogical treasures from destruction

I'm going to mention Elizabeth Peters Amelia Peabody series Victorian suffragette and her archaelogist husband Emerson fight off The Master Criminal while digging up pyramids in Egypt but they may not appeal to a guy.

Thomas Greanias Atlantis series - not the greatest writing but readable. All about uncovering Atlantis.

Military type Sci Fi - Enders Saga Orson Scott Card is the only one that comes to mind right this second but I'm rushing.

Try Isaac Asimov Foundation series

Foucault's Pendulum by Umberto Ecco is Dan Brown before Dan Brown even thought of writing.

Paul Sussman Last Secret of the Temple is Dan Brownish

As is Simon Toyne Sanctus series.

That should get you started.

YAY! thanks!!! you gave me a lot to look at!!! i will get to checking these out!!! and yea i was thinking the same thing about the steve berry novels i usually do not like critics or peoples reviews but i just noticed the general concsinsous you know? but i will for sure check out the first book at least. Thanks again!!!

There are a lot of Dan Brown-ish books out there I couldn't recommend in good conscience, but there were a few I really liked:

John F. Case - The Genesis Code
Javier Sierra - The Secret Supper
Kathleen McGowan - The Expected One
Michael Cordy - The Messiah Code
Brad Meltzer - The Book of Lies

Thank I really appreciate it!!! The more the merrier :). I tend to buy more books than I need. I like having them ready for when I'm ready for the next.

Back