• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Hello

Edward G.

kickbox
Hello,

I'm new. I found this forum through the Midwest Book Review. It's my understanding that members can post book reviews in here and discuss them. I hope that's true.

My reviews are non-commercial. I don't get paid for them and I don't sell the books. In fact, I won't even take free books.

I specialize in gothic novels put out by small presses and independent publishers. I look forward to contributing to this group and I can stay.

Sincerely,

Edward

Gothic novels

Please excuse my ignorance but tell me what is a Gothic Novel and would it be something I would read as my main interests in fiction are modern mysteries, action fiction, legal and courtroom novels and a host of other minor stuff. momac:confused:

Welcome to BAR. You are correct about this place on all counts.

Thank you, Sparkchaser. You know, it's funny, your nic I mean. When I was in the Air Force, I was an aircraft electrician, and that's what they used to call us.

Hi Edward, welcome to BAR!

Thanks, Landslide. Nice nic to you too, by the way. Great song by Stevie Nicks. I can't remember if she was with Fleetwood Mac on that one or not. I think I'll put it on the iTunes now.

Edward G welcome to BAR

Thanks, BRK :)

Please excuse my ignorance but tell me what is a Gothic Novel and would it be something I would read as my main interests in fiction are modern mysteries, action fiction, legal and courtroom novels and a host of other minor stuff. momac:confused:

Technically there is no "gothic" anymore. That was a literary movement back in the late 18th and early 19th century and typically featured stories that took place in foreboding castles and such. You might think of Wuthering Heights or Frankenstien or even the works of Edgar Allen Poe. Gothic eventually morphed into what is mordern horror, and personally, I believe has further morphed into the vampire genre.

However, for my purposes, I define a gothic novel as any novel with a supernatural element in it. One could certainly argue that is not an accurate definition, but I believe the term "gothic" is pretty much up for grabs these days.

Hello All African Books and thank you for the welcome. Don't know that I have ever seen anything by Hughe Thomas but will keep a lookout for it at the library. momac

Back