• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Hello...

steve p

Hi everyone, I'm Steve and I'm a writer who's fed up with traipsing the various writers' fora and instead fancies joining somewhere as a reader. So, here I am.

I fell out of love with reading for a while and frankly didn't know why until it dawned on me it was an eyesight problem (sounds daft, doesn't it, but failing eyesight crept up on me slowy and while I wasn't looking). But now, since I bought a Kindle (insert hoorah or boos hiss here), I can play about with font sizes and I'm as happy as a pig in, urm, you know.

steve

Hi Polly, that was a quick reply!

I've always gone for Humour, Fantasy and Horror, but I'll try my hand at anything really. Since picking up the Kindle, and having so many books easily available (sounds like I'm advertising Kindle here but I'm not on commission :) I want to branch out a bit and read stuff I wouldn't normally. I also want to pick up on some of the classics I never quite got round to in print.

I rather fancy the book of the month thing you have going here...

steve

Hi Steve. I just joined a few days ago. A Kindle owner myself. Having a Kindle is fun; it's like having a book and a shelf all in one.;)

It is, and without all the drilling and hammering for the shelf part!

Thanks for the welcome, fellow newbie, and so welcome to you, too. :)

steve

Hi, Steve! Welcome aboard. Kindles seem to be where literature is going these days. I'll admit, I've been waffling on whether or not to get one. I really like the feel of a paperback in my hands, but there are a lot of good (it seems) indie books out there that just aren't available in other forms.

Hi Penny. I know what you mean, and I wondered if I'd like the Kindle or not for that reason, too. But I got mine with a cover case that folds outward so it does feel quite like you're holding a real book. You just have to get used to pushing a button to turn a page. I wouldn't be without it now...

steve

Hi Steve and welcome! If you and Pawnman start a Kindle gang I'll join.
:)
I held out for a long time but got one love it.

I vote you leader of the gang, 753C!

Funny how many people (myself included) talk about 'holding out' against the Kindle.

Welcome, my nearsighted friend!

Welcome! Glad you look the Kindle (probably wouldn't be a bad idea to invest in a trip to the optometrist too, though).

I've never used the Nook, so I really don't know. I suppose they're all similar in their way...

Oh, and thanks :)

Welcome! Glad you look the Kindle (probably wouldn't be a bad idea to invest in a trip to the optometrist too, though).

Hee, I did, and I now have varifocals, but lying on the bed reading means I have to get my head back and peer out of the bottom of the lenses. I shall have to invest in a pair of "readers".

I've never used the Nook, so I really don't know. I suppose they're all similar in their way...

Oh, and thanks :)

I think one of the differences is the nook has that weird paper touch screen and the kindle is not as high contrast. I'm not sure, I haven't caught up with all the new updates and what not.

Back