• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Hello!

Amy

Just thought I'd give everyone a big hello and thanks for having me. I can't wait to sink my teeth into some book discussions, and I'm interested to hear everyone's opinions on books they've loved/hated - I work in a bookstore and it's great to have a balanced view to give the customer.
(Help me win some sales, guys!)

My favourite authors/books at the moment are:
- Memoirs of a Geisha, Arthur Golden
- Year of Wonders, Geraldine Brooks
- Jane Austen, particularly Sense and Sensibility
- Janet Evanovich's crime series
- Anything of Jennifer Crusie, Laurell Hamilton or Helen Fielding's
- The Provence Triology, Peter Mayle, and
- La Prisonniere, Malika Oufkir

Look forward to meeting/chatting with you all.

ditto, ditto!

shouts Dave B waving frantically from the north :)

Amy, that has to be a great job. I have always loved bookstores and libraries. I have to say it might be difficult keep from speding my paycheck before I got it home. Knowing what books were coming out and being around them all the time could be expensive! Our local bookstore is more of a media store with movies, music, software AND books, so it's not as dangerous. This coupled with a disappointing SciFi section makes it nearly safe to enter. ;)

It IS dangerous, believe me. The first four months I worked there I literally did spend my entire pay every week on books.
Now rather than buying books I think it's time to buy a book shelf...

Welcome Amy,

We have at least 2 favorite books in common: I love Jane Austen too (though my favorite is Pride and Prejudice) and plan to reread Geisha soon!

:)

Marie

Back