• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Help! Can't remember a book title from my childhood...

jwertheim

I remember reading a specific book when I was a kid and loving it. Every once in a while I wish I could read it again to see if it was any good, but I cannot for the life of me remember what the title was or who wrote it!

Here's what I remember of the plot:

A rabbit/hare/jackrabbit lives by himself in a burrow. He's pretty content with his life in the snow (I definitely remember snow... these rabbits have large feet like snowshoes) but suddenly he's conscripted to do something in the main warren. He has a spear (I remember a spear!) and he has to guard the queen or something. There's an evil general, as I recall.

I'm 21, and I remember reading this as a young kid. It had illustrations but was a chapter book, and I could read it myself.

I'd appreciate it so much if someone else knows this book and could help my memory out! My trip down memory lane would be thanks to you - if you know, please reply!

Thank you so much!

Back