• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

HELP!! I forgot the name of a book!!

Sweet_Insanity

When I was a teenager (in the 80s), I read a series about a world of cat people. They reminded me a lot of Vincent from the tv series Beauty and the Beast. I really loved these books, but I just can't remember the titles..... if anyone out there knows, pleeeeeeeease let me know... my email address is rebeccacallahan@animail.net.

How about the Chanur Saga by C. J. Cherryh? Excellent series of books, but anything she (?) writes is great.

While possessed by a similar thread I came across the Doona series by McCaffrey. Is this your series?

Originally posted by corrigan
How about the Chanur Saga by C. J. Cherryh? Excellent series of books, but anything she (?) writes is great.

I read the Chanur saga a long time ago. It was a great :) And I agree, she is a great writer though I have not read anything by her in awhile. I really loved Rusalka and The morgaine Chronicles.

Regards
Wabbit

I found it! I think. I haven't read this series, but it seems promising - The Sholan Alliance by Lisanne Norman. The only problem is that the first book was published in 1993. Maybe you read it as a tweenager...

I haven't read the Rusalka series, but I devoured the Morgaine Chronicles.

I have read those books so many times! I found the world she built in the Morgain books so realistic and interesting. The book was not typical fantasy and the whole thing really lived and breathed as a place for me. The story was fantastic :) One of my all time favs... I may have to dig it out and read it for the 101th time lol

Regards
Martin

Hey Martin (and all),
Have you read Wyrms by OS Card? His Ender stuff gets all the press (and it deserves it), but I loved this book. Though it has nothing whatsoever to do with cats... But I remember it having the same feel as Morgaine. Don't as why.

Back