• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

HELP! I'm lost as to where to turn next.

Total_Eclipse

I've been an avid WOT fan for a few years now, and after finishing the latest installemnt of that i turned to G. Martin (AWESOME!). Now im left waiting for WOT book 11, and ASOIAF book 4. I finished Jordan's New Spring as well. Now i'm stuck! I just started The Sword of Shannara, but im really not interested after150 pages. I'm looking for reccomendations! I love the multi-character view point style of Jordan and Martin...single character is too 1-demensional for me. I've been looking at alot of reviews and nothing is really sticking out. SO im asking all of you fantasy gurus some guidance as to where to turn! Thnx for any help!

PS. How come you never see much about Dragonlance? I havent read any but i'm curios.

Where to go next

An author I like is Dave Duncan, and he has a series that is written with a multiple POV. It is called A Handful of Men , and the first book is The Cutting Edge. It is not my favorite of his (I like the King's Blades series and Great Game series also), but it has the POV you're looking for.

Thanks for the replys! I read up a little on Gardens of the Moon and it sounds great. What kind of setting is it in though? I really prefer the medievil type of lifestyle like WOT and ASOIAF, not really into anything spacey or modern. The castle on the cover is right down my alley though so im definently interested. A handful of men got really good reviews (amazon) as well. I'm suprised i havent heard of these until now with all the book searching i have been doing. Thanks for the great ideas, now i just need to pick one to start with lol. Has anyone read The Fifth Ring by Mitchell Graham? That looked pretty good as well... Thanks again for the help!

Gardens of the Moon by Steven Erikson is what you're looking for.
Agree here. Medieval with magian, and gunpowder. Numerous characters, which makes it a fairly complex read.

I have just started Wizards First Rule, by Terry Goodkind. Heard really good things about the series (7 I think).

Edit: My really bad typing, and worse spelling.

Originally posted by Oponn
Gardens of the Moon by Steven Erikson is what you're looking for.

I've just finished reading this book, it very much as a medival feel to the plot. Though I would say it can be quite complex as the author follows a lot of character plot lines.

rune

Complex is what i like, keeps me thinking alot. I heard both good and bad about GoodkInd's SOT, some people say it has alot of ripoffs from WOT. I know I'll end up reading it eventually though. My bookstore won't have Gardens of the Moon until the end of May so i think I'm gonna go amazon for that. Once again, thanks for the help!

Back