• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

help needed!

jintyblue

Hi

Im looking for some help pricing some books for my partners second hand book business.

1. Lloyd Grossman - 125 Best recipes ever
2. D.P. Cuthbertson - progress in nutrition and allied sciences
3. (BOXSET) Patricia Cornwell - body of evidence, post mortem, all that remains.

All books are nearly new condition - especially the Cornwell boxset(which comes in a purple plastic sleeve).

The main one is the boxset - which i cant find anywhere online - any ideas??

:confused: ;)

Hi there jintyblue, welcome to the forum.

If you can find those books for new online I would take about 25% from the coverprice, detracting slightly more if the conditions of the books warrants it.

With the boxset, if they are paperback, I would say to price it at around £10. It may be in a nice boxset, but the books themselves can no doubt be purchased secondhand for around £3 each, if not less.

The most important thing to remember is that you are a second hand store which commands a lower price regardless of the book condition, the whole point of it not being the 'retail' price is why many people will buy from you.

Try taking a look at some of the auction sites and see how much books are going for there - usually from 50p to £3 (with added postage) and this may give you an idea of what people are willing to pay.

Good luck to your partner and the second hand bookstore :)

Mxx

Back