• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Help to find Book

Stephen

kickbox
I've recently been to the friends reunited web-site and it started to make me think about my school days and the books we used to read for English Lit'. There was one book we used to read and I never finished it at school (the year would have been about 1985 - 1988 or there abouts). I'm trying to remember the name and author, but need help.

The book was about a journey to the moon, and I read upto the point where there was a ship crossing the 'moon sea' or something like that and it started to sink and started to take in moon dust. Does this ring and bells with anyone, any help would be great. Thanks.

This probably only applies to people in the UK but can you also remember which books you studied for English Lit' between the years of say 1983 - 1988. The only one that I can think of is Graham Greene's Brighton Rock, a brilliant book and also a great film.

Many thanks for any help you can give me.

This sounds to me like Arthur C Clarke's 'A Fall of Moondust'.

Basically, a tourist 'moonboat' gets caught in a moonquake and ends up buried under 15 metres of dust. Rescuers on the surface race against time to get them out. That's pretty much it.

Written about 1960 I think.

Back