• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

hey canadians

jenn

i hope you all have a great day tommorow. sunny weather, and many beers!!

oooo canada! terre de nos aïeux,
ton front est ceint de fleurons glorieux!

car ton bras sait porter l'épée,
il sait porter la croix!

ton histoire est une épopée
des plus brillants exploits.

et ta valeur, de foi trempée,
protégera nos foyers et nos droits.

protégera nos foyers et nos droits. canada, :)

I used to work with a Canadian guy, great guy, hard worker. He never had an accent until the his two last days at work. During that time, every sentence ended with "eh." That's not a joke. He then proceeded to hit me up for a bag of weed at work because he had been dry for six months since the last time he'd been home. I hated to have to disappoint him with the news that our town was dry at the time. If I had known earlier, we could've shared many more good times together. He later moved down to Florida, the dream of many Canadians according to him. Wherever you are, have a good Canada Day, Terry.

I used'a know one of dem Canadian folk, eh... she sang one of dem songs aboot boats a sinkin'.

ahhh...Canada Day. A holiday with the name of your country in it- that's kinda cool, and a bit odd.

yeah, i get to sleep in tomorrow!

Jenem said:
ahhh...Canada Day. A holiday with the name of your country in it- that's kinda cool, and a bit odd.
They should have called it "That Country Above The United States of America Day."

Jenem said:
don't go there
I know... it's cold (referring to both my comment, as well as the country). Really, I like Canada. There's the bacon, those mounty guys, that bubbly drink (Canada Dry?), Canada Geese, Dudley DoRight, Jim Carey, my mother in law, a bunch of singers. Canada's great. And the good ol' USA is much easier to poke fun at. We are a strange people. Call us: Walmartians.

don't forget all our water and electricity. oh, wait, you guys won't! :eek:
JK- shit, i went there. sorry. :eek:

we crashed a ferry today. i think the captain was rolling in the holiday with a few too many.

actually, somehow it just lost power. somehow. :rolleyes: it glided into a marina and smacked up a few swanky boats. LMAO

geez- enough freakin smilies in this post or what?

sirmyk said:
I know... it's cold (referring to both my comment, as well as the country). Really, I like Canada. There's the bacon, those mounty guys, that bubbly drink (Canada Dry?), Canada Geese, Dudley DoRight, Jim Carey, my mother in law, a bunch of singers. Canada's great. And the good ol' USA is much easier to poke fun at. We are a strange people. Call us: Walmartians.

no fair- you edited this after i posted mine!

i think both our countries are great punchlines. you and i live in some of the best places of our respective countries. lucky us

Oh, I forgot syrup. Doesn't the Canadian flag have a bottle of Aunt Jamima's Maple Syrup on the front?

You know I'm kidding right? About everything? As soon as the authoritize catch on to my whereabouts, I'm headin' up there.

sirmyk said:
Oh, I forgot syrup. Doesn't the Canadian flag have a bottle of Aunt Jamima's Maple Syrup on the front?

You know I'm kidding right? About everything? As soon as the authoritize catch on to my whereabouts, I'm headin' up there.

lmao- we do make wicked syrup.

i know you're kidding now. i get a bit wary when the cross border barbs come out. i do love my country. and i respect yours.

we will welcome you with open arms. and strong beer

Likewise (I had to type something here because I got a message saying my reply was too short).

LOL

well, here's to each of our long weekends.

|***|
| | | ]]
|___|

ok, laugh all you want at my lame beer mug. go on. laugh. i just made it myself, just this very moment. ha ha ha

i'm not trying to open a political discussion but why do people think canada is so damn cold. it was 36 f**king degrees here on wednesday!!!
four seasons people, we got all 4.

today we are spending the holiday renovating the dining room. but there will be beer and bbq and then we will get on the roof to watch the fireworks.

Could Jenn or any other Canadian answer, please.

What song do people sing on Canada day if their grandparents were not Canadian? Just out of curiosity. Not trying to offend anybody

Down here, we only have two seasons. A Korean friend of mine told me one day that it was frustrating for him. During "spring" and "fall", it will be 85 F one day and 25 F the next day. So, we have summer and winter with a period of day to day fluctuations that lasts a few weeks in between.

By the way, those 25 F days are the ones where the Meteorologist says, "There's a low pressure system coming down from Canada that's causing these crazy temperatures." Thanks a lot, Canada! You're lucky that Dubya hasn't come up there to take you guys over and set your weather straight. That's more of a Dubya joke than a Canada joke, so don't take offense.

Ok...so what exactly is Canada Day a celebration of...or for?

I've never heard of this holiday being as how I'm not from Canada.....

Back