• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Hey Everybody!

unKeMPt

Hi, my name is Kyle. I'm a college student, and I'm currently waiting for my classload to dwindle in hopes that I can actually read some works of my own choosing. I just finished an English class in which I read eleven books by Philip Roth, so I'm rather obsessed with him right now. Another favorite is Vonnegut.

My favorite book without a doubt is Catch-22, although I'm also a big fan of Ellison's Invisible Man and The Counterlife by Philip Roth. Roth has gotten me particularly interested in metafiction, so I'll likely be picking up some Barnes and Barth pretty soon. Ooh, and I'm really excited about getting to dig into some Camus and Calvino. Any other recommendations would be great as well. :D

Also, I really like this forum. It has a bunch of diverse tastes, it seems already, and I like the book of the month feature immensely.

Hi Kyle. Welcome (even though I think you've been kicking around for a couple days now).

unKeMPt said:
Also, I really like this forum. It has a bunch of diverse tastes, it seems already, and I like the book of the month feature immensely.

I'm glad you like it here, and Book of the Month is always happy to have another member!

Welcome to TBF!. Roth is excellent-have you read the most recent one about Lindbergh becoming president?:)

Hello crazy mixed-case letter person! I can't be arsed capitalising and uncapitalising your name, thus you shall henceforth be known as UnK.

Hi Kyle, Welcome. Diverse group is right. I enjoy being here to learn more and to get ideas on future reading and to open up my views on different genres.

Glad to have you! :D

Kookamoor said:
Hello crazy mixed-case letter person! I can't be arsed capitalising and uncapitalising your name, thus you shall henceforth be known as UnK.

HAHA, and that's why I called him Kyle!

Back