• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Hey

phil_t

Just posted quite a bit so i thought id say hi - seems like a nice quiet community, nice change after so many forums clogged with people yelling at each other :)

PS: If anyone could help me with info about Nicholas & the Buccaneers i'd really appreciate it!

Bloomin'ell. :)

I come back from a nice quiet evening out and find my inbox full of 'someone has replied to your post' messages - hee. Welcome aboard Phil.

I shall try and look for that book when I'm not so tired, although I must say it doesn't stand out at the moment.

My housemate has Prey on Audio CD which I need to borrow off him and listen to, and yes, HP5 lost a lot of the magic.

Sorry for deviating from the other threads, but I really must get to bed and this is easier.

Mxx

Well thanks for the welcome guys :)

I have to say, i'm not holding out a lot of hope on finding that book, having looked for it pretty hard on the internet and found nothing - mebbe my girlfriends just gone mad :p

I am a big fan of HP so was a tiny bit disappointed at Bk5 - and i'll be even more annoyed if they make the fourth into 2 movies!!

Also a huge fan of Michael Crichton, first read Jurassic Park when i was around 10 (scared the hell out of me then! :D ) and immediately got most of his other books - anyone else struggle reading Sphere? It still makes my head go woozy trying to understand it! Dont know why i havnt got round to Prey yet - had Uni exams to worry about i guess, but thats out of the way now so it'll go to the top of my list!

Phil, I'm also a huge fan of Michael Crichton. I loved Timeline especially but also struggled reading Sphere. I finished reading it, but I'm not sure I "got it".

Dont mean to turn this into a Michael Crichton discussion but i also loved Timeline, which was a welcome return to form after Airframe. Im a great fan of his shorter stuff - Eaters of the Dead, Binary, The Great Train Robbery, even though its always good to lose yourself in great stuff like JP, Lost World and Congo.

The only ones ive really struggled with were Sphere (which i read when i was fairly young straight after JP and Congo, much easier books to 'get') and Terminal Man, which ive never finished.

Having just arrived im now off on holiday for two weeks, but i'll be sure to check in when i get back - lots of reading to do on a hot beach in the Caribbean!! :D

Phil

Hey guys, im back :) I finally got round to reading Prey and i agree that it is very good - im glad he seems to be writing the sort of books he used to write, entertaining thrillers :D

Back