• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

hi darren

TownBear

wazzup?
how ya been? lol

i've found i don't think i actually like to talk about books so much... unless you are reading the same book someone else is.

maybe you can start something like Oprah does (only on a smaller scale)

select a book that everyone reads, then it can be discussed at the same time

althought, i'd have to admit a lot of the books on Oprah's list are really good books, maybe you can make your first selection from there:D (just not one of the one's by Toni Morrison... PLZ!! lol)

Hi there,

Nice avatar btw - did you design it yourself?

Well, I've been on holidays for the past couple of weeks (or vacation as our friends across the pond call it :) ).

I'm not familiar with what Oprah does. Is it an online thing or something to do with her show (I don't watch her show).

Darren.

yep, i made the ava last night when i tried to pick from your selection... and there wasn't one lmao

newho... wut oprah does is to select a book... then everyone reads it... then when done... everyone discuss's it....
if ur really lucky you get picked to go to her discussion dinner instead of just watching the show from home lmao

u don't have to do the dinner part if you don't want to (unless u want to;) )
lollllllll

exellent idea

i agree wih that completely....this sets up a whole connection thing the members can have and we can all talk on one topic. i think it should be a monthly thing, and there should be a heading saying the book of the month is:_______ maybe i'm getting carried away here....this is your forum, after all darren :D just suggestions from a member here ;) -B

I know that there are forums where they do it, and I think it's a marvelous idea. However, will there be enough members reading the "book of the month" to keep a discussion going?

Sounds like a great idea. Would you want a separate forum for the "reading club" or just start a new thread about the book in the fiction area - say something like "Aug 02 Read - <book title here>"?

How would members decide which one to read next? I guess the polls facility could be used?

We could give it a trial run for August if you want. Let me know what you all think.

Townbear, I thought it'd be better if each member could add their own individual avatar rather than give a list to choose from.

Any other areas you want to add, or features you want just let me know and I'll see what can be done.

I'm trying to promote the site as best I can, but it aint easy :(

Maybe you could all try a bit of promoting for me :)

Originally posted by Darren Lewis

How would members decide which one to read next? I guess the polls facility could be used?

i think a poll is probably the best idea

Townbear, I thought it'd be better if each member could add their own individual avatar rather than give a list to choose from.

yes, it is a good idea.... not too many people want what is on the list anyway, they all want their own lol
(might be difficult for new user's tho)

I'm trying to promote the site as best I can, but it aint easy :(

DEFFINATELY not easy!!! if you build it, they will come
just have to give it a bit of time
(hint: visiting other forums is a good way too)

Maybe you could all try a bit of promoting for me :)

yes i could... i'll add you to my sig on other forums:D

Thanks for that. I'll try to find some stock avatars for newbies to use. I'm still trying to find time to write the help&FAQ area for new members who are not as internet savy as others.

I think "A Book of the Month" is a great idea. Count me in.

On the avatar subject, I'm having difficulty finding one that fits the specs 64 x 64. Any suggestions?

do you have a graphic program that you can modify an image you like in?
i.e. Fireworks or Photoshop?

you can just resize one that you like

Or look for Paint Shop Pro 7 at www.jasc.com You can download a free shareware version.

What size are the ones you like? If it's not huge, I can resize it to 64x64 for you if you email it to me.

Originally posted by TownBear
Originally posted by Darren Lewis
yes i could... i'll add you to my sig on other forums:D
soooooo.. has it done you any good yet? lol
i did see someone here with a sig. that is the same as another forum i go to.. makes me wonder if they came from that site
newho.... ur link is on my sig all over the place:cool:

hey! it's pickin up here:D

are you going to allow attachments in posts?

Back