• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Hi from an Aussie

Summerflyte

I'm a reader and a closet writer. Why in the closet? Easy... that way no-one but me will ever see my appalling grammar. I'm great at reading an critiquing others though, so if you want me to review your work give me a shout out.

Hi Summerflyte, thanks for the welcome. As for the apalling grammar - great writing is the hard part, other people can fix the grammar for you! You could do what I did, find a trustworthy friend/relative to read it first time. I got my sister in law to read it first, knowing that she would be honest but also enthusiastic and would help me out with the editing. I avoided two other family members who are journalists knowing that they might be a little too honest to start with! They've read them now but at the start I just needed encouragement I think.

Thanks everyone.

@Alex My friends and family don't use English as their first language and often ask me how to spell words for them so pointless.
I'll stick to my closet for now, it's nice and toasty.
Am totally prepared to help help others out with reviewing their work though, send me some of your work if you want an honest critique.

Back