• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Hi there

KristoCat

Hi everyone, I'm KristoCat. I love to read both popular and literary fiction and I'm in graduate school right now learning how to become a librarian. I took a course last year in Readers' Advisory techniques and popular fiction, and I felt like I was really in my element.

The website below is actually my fiancee's. It's a wonderful-looking site with lots of informative and interesting content if you're at all interested in the Middle Ages, and there are forums to join there too :) Tell me what you think, or better yet, join the forums and tell him!

Welcome Kristocat. So, you are a librarian in the making?

Do you plan to start your own library or something?

Welcome Cat!

For a moment I read that you were learning to become a barbarian! Images lept into my mind of you taking classes on the wearing of loin cloths and axe throwing. Good luck with being a librarian tho!

Hi KristoCat!

Please forgive my foolishness, but until I looked at your profile I thought you were a girl?
Sorry again, I didn't mean to be rude...

Hi Kristocat!
We need more librarians, definately :cool: You could even be a barbarian librarian if you want<LOL>

Currently reading: Body Double by Tess Gerritsen

Oh my goodness. I AM a girl! That was me being too hasty filling out my profile... I wanted to get on here and post. :eek:
It should be fixed now.

That barbarian thing is pretty funny... I don't know too many barbarian librarians, but maybe it'll catch on. I can start a club :p

I don't plan on starting my own library, but I do want to work in a public library with some opportunities for Readers Advisory work. People don't normally know that librarians have a ton of resources at their disposal to help them find what to read next, and I want to help change that image.

Thanks for the warm welcome, guys! :)

You're welcome for the welcome! :D

You should become a barbarian librarian. For one, it has a nice ring to it. You could chop people's heads off for being late returning a book!

Yeah, having a flail sitting on the check-out desk might deter some would-be book thieves from making off with their books.

you guys are so funny with all your barbarian libarian ideas..there's a desk clerk at my local library who goes to my church. Dorothy is over 60, and seems really mild mannered.. the key word is seems...

She's like a terrier on the trail of a rat! She'll get me cornered in the bathroom at church and tell me one of my kids has a late book.. even if it's one of my over 18 kids..
Someone made this computer picture of a grey haired woman in a drab blue dress, peering out from behind bars..the caption reads, "If only I'd returned my library books on time!"

:D

Librarians can totally be tough. I don't know if I want to be a barbarian, but maybe a ninja librarian would be cool. I could kind of slink among the stacks, find exactly what I want, and complete my book-finding mission before the patron even knows I've gone.... muahaha. :p

Has anyone seen the Librarian Action Figure? She's based off a real librarian in Seattle named Nancy Pearl, who is also the author of Book Lust. You can see here here:

http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=AU11247

Read the description, it's good :p

Oh, Kristo, your avatar's looking great...
Almost exactly like Koshka I had ten years ago or so...

KristoCat said:
Librarians can totally be tough. I don't know if I want to be a barbarian, but maybe a ninja librarian would be cool. I could kind of slink among the stacks, find exactly what I want, and complete my book-finding mission before the patron even knows I've gone.... muahaha. :p

Has anyone seen the Librarian Action Figure? She's based off a real librarian in Seattle named Nancy Pearl, who is also the author of Book Lust. You can see here here:

http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=AU11247

Read the description, it's good :p

NINJA Librarian! Now you are talking! That's even better! Anybody does not return the books then you can go to their house in the night and kill them! Also, you got to wear black and look cool. Also, you can flip out at any time because you are a ninja and ninjas are cool.

You know, I'm not sure where I found it, but I think it was on some AIM buddy icons site. Not coolbuddy.com, but.... oh man, I'm totally blanking on the name of the site. It's been probably about a year (or more) since I've been there, it might not even exist anymore. It has (had?) a generic name like aimbuddyicon.net or aimicon.com. Sorry I can't be more help.

Welcome to the forum, KristoCat! :)

Hey Kook, don't change your avatar, it's too cute to get rid of! :)

Nah, I was thinking about an avatar for my msn chat. I couldn't be anything but my penguin around here. I like to think Wabbit gets a shiver down his spine every time he sees it :D

Back