• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Houseplants

Ronny

Houseplants, I <3 them! Lately I have been collecting succulents because my work schedule makes me a bad plant tender. Is anyone else a fan of plants? Any favorites? Tips or words of warning?

I've a few plants in the house, to be fair, they came with it and I had to nurse some of them back to life. Unfortunately, I'm not great with plants so sometimes they go droopy again. :oops:

I don't have much of a green thumb myself, I mostly stick with the hardiest of plants. If it can't take a bit of neglect it doesn't last to long.

Nope no houseplants here. I'm ok with plants in the garden, but indoor plants ... I'm terrible about watering them correctly.

I had lots of plants from orchids, succulent garden, bonzai trees to pearl plants and others. They were doing great, than we had a heatwave and no air conditioning. Now I only have one Christmas Cactus left.

My house is like a jungle. I have way too many plants but although it sounds silly, i don't like throwing them away/killing them and so my collection just grows more & more.
My recommendation for a very robust house plant would definitely have to be Spider Plants (they can take a lot of abuse, like under or over-watering etc).

My recommendation for a very robust house plant would definitely have to be Spider Plants (they can take a lot of abuse, like under or over-watering etc).

My gran had a big spider plant she had for years, she would give away cuttings as presents.

^ I got one of my Spider Plants a year ago when one night i got quite drunk and ended up taking back home a baby Spider Plant i found on a pub carpet. It stayed in my handbag for 2 whole days (i totally forgot about it ^^; ) and when i rediscovered it it was very shriveled up. I popped it in a plant pot though and within a week it had grown a root network and was thriving (and it has grown quite large since)!
I like Spider Plants as they look nice & tropical and are very easy to care for ^_^v (Cacti are good too- i've had one cactus for 10 years now which i originally bought when it was only an inch big and now its almost 3ft tall!!).

I have a poinsettia, a couple small succulents, and a pineapple plant grown from a a pineapple top. It's too dry in summer so I doubt it can ever fruit.
I also have a spider plant and pregnant onion that are kept outside in pots. I just keep planting the "babies" and give them away.

Current houseplants: Peace Lily, variegated and non-variegated Spider Plants, African Violets, Snake Plant.

Back