• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

How Many Books Do You Read in a Year (approx.)?

I usually read around 50. Last year I read 43. This year my goal is to read more than I did last year. I hope to be able to read 100 books in a year someday, but it's not going to happen while I am in college. Since 2002, I have been keeping a list of all the books I have read.

I've read about 80 this year, with about 2 months where I couldn't be bothered to read anything.

Usually around 25-30. Wish it was more but with three kids going in three different directions time is at a premium. Also depends on what I am working on since I write scritps for a living there are times when I don't want other ideas and characters running through my head so I intentionally put books aside for a time.

However it should be noted that if I include the books I read to my kids then the number swells to a level that makes me appear much more erudite and cumsumptive.

I have beaten my record this year.

I read more than 60 so far, which is twice as many as usual, but I must admit I've read mainly crime and easy reading this year. I used to read more "serious" stuff.

I have a list over at Colin's site and I'll finish up with 36-40. Not too shabby as I was "off" for two months and was in a funk of sorts. I also read some larger books intead of five smaller ones. It's interesting to look back and see what you read a year ago this time.

This is actually the first year in a long time that I've kept a list, and I'm currently up to 79. Pretty satisfied with that.

First time I keep a list too: currently at 42. I should probably finish one or two more books before the year's end.

Average 9.67 books/year in the last 3yrs

I do the calculations in my cataloging of my library

I'm on #116 at the moment. Some years I've read a lot more, but I was also reading lighter material, so numbers really don't count for much. When I started this year, I determined that I wouldn't get too hung up on that and I've still read plenty.

Being a full time mom and AND working full time out of the home - I average about 35 a year. If I could only find someone who would pay me to stay home and read!!!

Should be just over 40 this year. An average of 391 pages per book. I've beat last year by at least ten books. Read better books this year too. The books I have planned for next year are mostly long dense works so numbers will drop but quality of books will increase.

This is the first year that I have had a full and complete list of what I have read in a year, but I am resisting counting them up until the very end of the year. :) This is because I don't want to try to aim for a certain number and want to be surprised (hopefully) at how much I read. :p

In other words, I'll get back to you at the end of the month. ;)

I keep a running tally because I keep track of the date I finish a book. That way I know what I read when, and it serves as a sort of journal, as I remember what else was going on when I look at the date.

I do the same thing - usually writing a brief description/review of the book. Its a great way to keep track of what you have consumed!!

I'm up to book 60 so far, and I should finish a few more by the end of the month. I'm not sure how this compares to other years, as this is the first year that I have kept track of the amount that I have read. I'm sure that it's a lot more than usual, though.

Around 500.

495 of them I just skim the very first chapter, and I already can get a sense of how sh.tty it'll be, and just stop reading. :)

So far this year I have read 52 books, I don't really know how many I would normally read as such because I do not normally keep a list. It is so many more that I thought I had read - one a week seems lots!

Back