• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

How much are book drawings worth?

carat

Ive found some drawings on ebay from one of my daugthers favourite books. I'm wary because I know my daughter would love one of them on her bedroom wall for Chrismas, but I don't know how much to bid. Can u give me some advice on how much these are worth? (I guess more than I can afford :( ) They're from the "Church Mouse" book by G.Oakley.
Thanks for any advice
CaraT

Cara,
The answer to your question depends very much on whether or not the "drawings" are actually original illustration art (i.e. the drawings the illustrator made which were then used in the book) or tear sheets (i.e. printed illustrations which were removed from a copy of the book). In the first instance, "worth" (a tricky concept) is a lot harder to pin down. Some illustrator art is highly sought after, and therefore commands high prices (for instance, paintings by people like N.C. Wyeth, Norman Rockwell, Maxfield Parrish, etc.). In the second instance, you should be able to buy them for something like $25-$50 each. However, there may be somebody out there who wants them for whom $100 each might seem like $25 each to you or me.

Thanks for your reply. I've asked and these are the original drawings for the book not ripped out pages. The biddings past my limit now anyway...shame, I would have loved one.
CaraT

Bad luck on missing out this time. Do you have a link to the bid, I would love to see what they are like.

Cheers

Mxx

alas, that link was a hotmail session ended link coming from your inbox - not the actual action site link. The product name and auction site should be enough to find it if you have those?

Cheers

Mxx

Back