• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

"How Opal Mehta Got" copied story - Kaavya Viswanathan

she needs to stop copying chick lit authors, especially if she's trying to "write" chick lit herself.

i don't know that i would consider salman rushdie to be a chick lit author... ;)

(from CBC.CA article: "For instance, in Rushdie's children's novel Haroun, the title character encounters posters bearing slogans such as "If from speed you get your thrill / take precaution – make your will."

In Viswanathan's book, her character Opal Mehta helps another student put up posters bearing slogans like "If from drink you get your thrill / take precaution – write your will." ")

staceass said:
i don't know that i would consider salman rushdie to be a chick lit author... ;)

(from CBC.CA article: "For instance, in Rushdie's children's novel Haroun, the title character encounters posters bearing slogans such as "If from speed you get your thrill / take precaution – make your will."

In Viswanathan's book, her character Opal Mehta helps another student put up posters bearing slogans like "If from drink you get your thrill / take precaution – write your will." ")

so that makes 3 then. I was talking about her ripping of Sophie Kinsella.

just got this from my kirkus newsletter...

While the Gettin's Good: $495 Will Get You a Used Copy of Kaavya Viswanathan's 'Opal Mehta'
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Log into your PayPal account now at Amazon, you can get a used copy of the now-recalled How Opal Mehta Got Kissed, Got Wild and Got a Life, the debut novel from former wunderkind Kaavya Viswanathan, for $495.

Lucky early buyers of the book are quickly exploiting the latest literary scandal, in which the Harvard sophomore has been charged with plagiarizing from a growing number of books.

staceass said:
just got this from my kirkus newsletter...

While the Gettin's Good: $495 Will Get You a Used Copy of Kaavya Viswanathan's 'Opal Mehta'
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Log into your PayPal account now at Amazon, you can get a used copy of the now-recalled How Opal Mehta Got Kissed, Got Wild and Got a Life, the debut novel from former wunderkind Kaavya Viswanathan, for $495.

Lucky early buyers of the book are quickly exploiting the latest literary scandal, in which the Harvard sophomore has been charged with plagiarizing from a growing number of books.

damn, i should have grabbed them before we returned them!

Back