• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Howdy to all!

(-)Ions

kickbox
I just stumbled onto this forum, so I figured I'd introduce myself.

I'm 33 years old and live in the middle of a desert (Mesa, Arizona). I used to read quite a bit, but stopped for quite a while when my studies and employment took up too much of my time.

My 9 year old son has become quite the reader of the Harry Potter and Animorphs books. I felt a pang of guilt to see him reading and not having anyone to discuss them with, so I started reading them before or after he did and we chatter about the good guys and bad guys and all the "really cool stuff" :p.

I love horror and mystery novels. I'll read just about anything Sci-Fi. (I agree with LxD, Sci-Fi and Fantasy are most definately not the same thing.)

As for my nickname... it started out as an inside joke a very long time ago. But, I've been using it now for several years.

Welcome. You will find a few Harry Potter fans here. I read the first to my two sons and they flew through the others themselves. They've both reread them at least twice.

The current arguement has been who gets to read the new one first when it comes out. I'm debating on buying them each one. Am I crazy or what?

I'm a sci fi, horror and fantasy reader myself. I look forward to hearing about your favorites.

Ahh, another Sci Fi fan. And from the desert too. Nothing like the desert after a rain, for sure.

Welcome aboard.

I was trying to find information on docbook formats, and this site came up in one of the search engines.

I spent so much time browsing through the forums I had to work late to finish up my research. hehe.

Back