• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Howdy, Y'all!

cdm

You guessed I was from the south USA already! Wow! HOW???

I'm an ex-rock musician, and an ex-lots-of-things. Right now I'm mainly a beach bum (My favorite thing of ALL!). I write a lot, and do research in botany, particularly orchids.

I think I really like the tone of this forum. I really do! I'm on several others, and, as noted by others, this one actually talks about BOOKS?! Weird!

Welcome fellow southernern. I'm a Louisiana native myself - a beach bum ? Does that mean you're from Florida...if so I must say most of the southern states consider Florida Yankee-invaded (all the yankee move there to retire) and not much southern anymore..lol. Or is it somewhere else along the Gulf unless you're around Georgia or South Carolina.

So - what book are you currently reading?

I'm in SW Florida, Bonita Springs, and am a very rare creature: a native.

I'm editing a murder mystery series I wrote at the moment, and have to upgrade a true crime book, so can't read much until that's done. The last thing I read was a book by a friend that was recently published. "The Boxer Chronicles", Pat Barnhart. It was pretty good, if a bit better suited to scripting than as a straight story.

It's hard to be a beach bum when you can't find time to go to the beach!

Back